Chapter|17

Jake

Jake

"This mission isn't going to be easy, it's going to be stressful—exhausting and require things you wouldn't be comfortable doing."

Those words rang through my head daily, a 5-month mission had dragged out into 8— longer than possible. I was stressed—I was sore, I was annoyed and I was ashamed of everything I had done in this mission. I had killed, I had hurt, I had done things that nobody should've done just to save others.

"Cheer up Nate." A voice spoke, I ignored the shiver of disgust that went down my spine.

"It's been a long day." Andrea spoke, her voice was like nails up a chalkboard.

"Get over it, a couple of people died—big deal." She said—I flinched, she was so insensitive.

"I've been doing everything right, when will I meet the boss." I asked her, she rolled her eyes and straddled my waist.

"You keep pleasing me the way you do and it'll be very soon darling." She said with a wink, I almost vomited.

"I'd do anything for you." I said and she smirked, she kissed my lips void of talent.

"Good boy." She whispered, and took off her top—I kept reminding myself of why I was doing this.

4 more months and then I could leave, four more months and then I could be back with my pack and beg my mate to forgive me for everything I've done. Soon I'd sit on my knees for hours begging the moon goddess for forgiveness for all the things I've done against her name and against the loyalty towards my mate.

I wasn't a saint, I wasn't perfect. Yet I no longer was worthy, I was filth and she deserved better— I had blood on my hand, innocent and evil. The longer I was here, the worse it got and I didn't even know if I'd ever get to the outcome— I did this mission to stop a major female wolf traffic trade, but knowledge had come to light that there might be children involved too.

It was my job to shut this down, to find the leader to be punished for his crimes. I was working hard—I had done things that I wasn't proud of over and over again till my mind had become a dark place filled with nightmares and traumas.

"You always look sexy." I said—it was toxic to my lips, my wolf had been dormant since he realized what had to be done.

"You always know how to talk to a woman, tomorrow you'll meet the big boss." She winked, sex was disgusting—I was a man with natural reactions to sex but I didn't find this woman even an ounce bit attractive.

"Hell yes." I said, adding a groan for effect, she rolled her eyes and rubbed her breast all over my chest.

Hot showers and bleach were in my future, I would never be able to live this down. I had had flings before, but this had been going down for months—my mate would never see this as just a fling, would I ever be able to explain everything to her without her hating me.