Chapter|13

Angelica

Angelica

"Hey mom." I said with a smile, my mom looked at me and smiled.

She hadn't been the same, my dad still treated me just like he always had but my mother hadn't been as kind or as caring. Before she used to hold me while I cried, she cared about everything I was doing and she did everything in her power to keep me happy.

Yet that stopped after the accident with Linkin, after that night when I cried in her arms heart broken over his dead she hadn't been soft or caring but cold and rude.

"Hey Angelica." My mother said, the house looked really fancy and the opposite of what I wanted but I didn't fight her.

"It looks amazing." I said calmly, I pushed all my anger out of my system.

"Did you find a dress." She completely ignored my compliment, my emotions  had been heightened all day.

"Yes, I brought some new friends." I said with a smile, she looked surprised.

"New friends?" She questioned, I moved over to show Beverly and Debbie.

"Hello you two, oh wow you both are so gorgeous!" My mother squealed, I was taken aback she hadn't acted like this in a while.

"Hello Mrs Anderson." Beverly said awkwardly, she wasn't use to this I could tell.

"Mom we have 2 hours to get ready." I said smiling, feeling sad suddenly.

"Alright go." My mother said, I sighed and nodded at her cold attitude.

I lead them upstairs to my room, it had changed over the years— I was more girly and strict with myself. I still pulled a few pranks but of course they were completely harmless, I enjoyed making people laugh more than anything.

"Your mother is—weird." Debbie said looking uncomfortable.

"She's different, she hasn't acted like that towards me since my sister died." I said, they understood.

"Maybe she was excited you had new friends?" Beverly said, I shrugged.

"I don't know, I've tried talking to her and being like we were but she just refused to acknowledge me—my dad even noticed but she doesn't even tell him." I told them honestly, I sat at my vanity.

"Maybe it'll change one day." Debbie said, I shrugged.

"Let's get ready." I said with a smile, I wasn't letting anything stop me from enjoying my day.