Chapter|08

Jake

Jake

I made my way of the jet and into the car that had been provided, Fred had filled me in on what my little spitfire was going through and the effects of being enraged.

She wouldn't remember me helping her, she wouldn't remember that I risked my job and the betterment of the pack to come and help her. She wouldn't remember how worried I am, or how much I truly do care about her.

I sighed as I arrived on pack grounds, the connection snapping back like an elastic band and then I felt it. The agonizing pain of death, the slow breaking crushing main of loss of one of my pack members. My wolf whined in agony, every inch of me felt disgusting within myself for not being here for my pack.

Everyone was grieving, everyone would have found out already about Ariel's death. Women would go to her mother and they would cry in a group holding her, while the men went out for drinks but there were always tears shed for him.

"Oh thank god you're here." Fred said, I just kept standing there.

"I should have been here." I said, the grief was almost too much to handle.

"Even if you would've been here, it wouldn't have stopped her from killing herself." Mark said, it was her father and he looked miserable.

"I'm sorry." I told him in all honesty, I felt like a failure as an alpha.

"Don't be, I want to have a word to you later if possible." Mark said lighting up a smoke, I knew it was a habit he once quit.

"I'll make time." I replied, he nodded and wondered off.

"He's destroyed, I have tried everything to help until you arrived but this wound is too much." Fred said with a shake of his head, even he was affected.

We made our way to the cages where my mate was being held, I could feel Fred's guilt of locking his future Luna here but I couldn't be mad at him for it. She asked him and he obeyed her, and for that I gave him my respect because he knew the pack came first.

"Jake." Eric's eyes were bloodshot, tears had been etched into his cheek.

Aroma laid beside her cage, all Angelica had done was growl at her as her mother bawled loudly. It was agonizing to watch, two parents had lost their child to suicide and now the other parents were close to suffering one worse.

"Help her." Aroma cried, I nodded and I walked up to the cage.

I opened it and got inside, she would hurt me. It was the part of being in-raged, and werewolves didn't scar. It didn't matter what you hurt us with even if it was silver or wolfs bane-we didn't scar because of pride or the moon goddess wanting her creations perfect.