Chapter 1- Ungrateful boy

>~<Harry's POV>~<

Edit: 8/15/19 SO I keep seeing your comments about the summer, yes ik it ends later, when i was writing this i didn't care because i didn't think it was going to blow up like it did so! just pretend C: Happy readings <3

I sit with my legs hanging off my bed staring at my shoe laces, my arms burned and face ached in pain. A bruise was placed on my eye socket and on my chin, there was bruises and cuts on my arms all the way up and down. Chest covered in memories and i'm slowly being torn apart, a bang on the door made me jump "get up you ungrateful piece of trash, you have chores" Vernon spat and i flinched as i stood up, i walk down the stairs and right out the back door to clean up Petunia's flowers. It's true.. i'm ungrateful apparently, today is the last day of summer.. my birthday.

I look up at the burning sun and it was already going down, i wipe a dice of sweat of my face and walk in to make dinner for the other 3. I dice up some peppers and throw them into the pan with some rice, i cut up chicken and throw it in too, it sizzles and i put them onto the plates. I take the plates and sit them in front of them, Vernon glared at me and i turned around and walked up the stairs in the other room... i walk to the bathroom and take a cold shower, i get out and pull on a long shirt and baggy pants and walk out with dripping hair, i sit on my bed again thinking about how im going to hide the bruises and cuts around my body from Vernon.. "Happy birthday to me.. happy birthday to me.." i whisper out as thin lines of tears roll down my cheeks. I look up to see a barn owl tapping at my barred window, i get up and reach my hand out of it and the bird dropped the note into my hand. I take it and open it reading the letter from my friends.

"Hey Harry! we miss you, hope you have a great birthday. We hope to see you tomorrow, i wish you could have came to the burrow with us.. there isn't much to say, we miss you have a good birthday -Hermione & Ron" i give a weak and hollow smile for the first time this summer and pin the small letter onto the wall i collect my books and throw them into my dusted trunk and put my robes in it, there was more tapping at the window and it was a screech owl this time with a yellow parchment in it's mouth, i take it and open the parchment the only new books i need is the Standard book of spells grade 4, and History of Magic i nod to myself and close my letter and walk down stairs with my galleons and sickles, i ignore the nasty comment from Vernon and leave the house walking down the streets to the leaky cauldron "Harry Potter, what could i do for you sir?" said an old gentleman behind the bar "uh i need to get to diagon alley" I say and he nods to the back where Hagrid once took me, i walk down the packed place. First years looking at brooms and now 4th years catch up with others, i notice a tall blonde slytherin looking at book in the store. I shake my head hoping he wont torment me more than i have been "ungrateful boy" i muttered to myself "what was that?" he said rather.. nicely? turning around to look at me "uh- i uh- er- i was talking to myself" i mutter finding my shoes very interesting "could you hand me that History of Magic book please?" i ask nicely and he gives a small smile standing on his toes and grabbing the thick book on the top shelf, too high for me to reach. He turn to me and place the book in my hands, i looked up into his pale eyes and give a small smile "thank you" i say and he gave me a small smile and went back to finding his books, my heart fluttered as he rose his arms and the rim of his stomach shone, what? why do i feel like this? i mean i understand that Draco is hot as hell but i'm dating Ginny.. i don't like Malfoy.. i don't think.. "Uh Harry, could you get me the Intermediate Transfiguration book down there?" he said and my heart froze did he just use my first name...? "uh Potter?" he said and i blinked and grabbed the book and turned around to be nose to nose with Malfoy "here" i say and he takes the book "thank you, Potter" he said with a wink making me blush.. why am i blushing?? "See you at school yeah?" he said and i nodded and he turned and walked out the door. My heart fluttered even more and i felt like i would faint. I pay for my books and i walked out with just the two things, i should get come new quills and ink.. i turn to walk to the quill store and once again i'm face to face with Malfoy "Hello again Potter" he smirked and i gave a small smile, he gently put his hand on my arm and walked past me smoothly, my breath hitched and i smile as i walk to the quill place. I open the door and it dinged a bell above "Hi Harry!" Hermione said skipping for a hug i hide my pain as she hugged around my neck, i let out a small whimper and she let go and looked at me "you alright?" she said and i nodded and walked to the quills, there was a really nice deep green one and i wanted it.. 3 galleons.. yeesh, i pull on my collar and pick it up "Ah yes, the slim cut feather, very rare" a man said with curly gray hair said pulling it to his face "here you are" he said handing it to me after i placed 3 galleons onto the counter "have a good day" he said and i left with Hermione "everyone is dying to see you Harry!" she said as we walked down the path way to a shop "that's a first" i say and she gave a small smile, and now im on the ground looking up at a blonde slytherin "Potter, you need to look where you're going. third time that happened" he said sticking his hand out, i take his soft delicate hands and he pulled me up from my back. He sorta pulled me close to him and it made me hella blush "watch where you're going, you might get hurt Potter" he said rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb, he smirked as he saw the blood rushed to my face and he turned away and left me there with my heart fluttering "i have no clue" i say already knowing that Hermione was thinking "lets go" she said and she dragged me to a cafe.