Dead?

(Y/N) POV

Just then a hard hush of wind blows off the roof. We all look up to see a swarm of birds circling above us.

Black birds. I squint. "Silver beaks...." I mumble. Everyone starts panicking. "RUN!" Someone shouts. The birds then all swiftly zoom straight towards us, sending us flying back.

I fall on to the ground. The birds were endless and kept flying towards me. A bunch of campers screamed, I turn to face one of them only to realize that the birds were eating him.

He starts screaming and falls onto his knees. After a while hundreds of these birds surrounded him. They all dispersed.....only leaving his bones. I widen my eyes.

I stand up and started using my sword to slice any bird coming at me.

"There's too many of them!!!" A camper shouts.  The birds then flew behind us too. I wince in pain as one of them started biting my arm. Shitty birds

I take that birds head and threw it away. I kept swinging my sword back and forth while walking backwards. I suddenly bump into others, who were doing the same thing.

The birds flew away and started circling around us, around 100 feet away from us. I stayed cautious and gripped my sword tightly. "Why did they stop?" I ask in a serious tone.

One girl quivered. "I- I don't know" she whispered. There were only five of us left.

"What the hell are these things?!" Leo shouted. "I don't know, but they sure have an appetite" I say. Looking behind them is a pile of fresh eaten campers, all dead and stripped down to the bone.

They stop moving and charge. "Attack!!!" I shout. We all start cutting them bird by bird. As I'm cutting the last bird the flies by me I turn around. I see Leo standing there panting and holding his hammer. I look down.

The others have been eaten. I sigh. "Shit...." I mumble. One of their skeletons flinch. I step back and hold out my sword.

"Leo stay back-" a skeleton arm grabs my wrist. It yanks me down on the ground. "(Y/N)!!!" I look over but another skeleton blocks my view. It hovers over me and pins my other wrist down.

I look through it's rib cage and Leo is pinned down too. Another skeleton takes my sword away even before I could react. "DAMMIT LET GO!" I try to wiggle my way out but no use.

I grunt in anger as a powerful force of water pushes them apart. I get up and grab my sword. There are practically a dozen load of skeletons killing each of the birds one by one.

After a while they settle. I walk over to Leo and pull him up. "You okay?" I ask. He nods. The skeletons just stand there.

"Thanks guys" Someone says. I look over to my right. It's Nico calmly standing there. With a snap of his fingers, they all immediately turn into dust.

"Nico!!! What's up dude?!" Leo shouts happily. Nico hold up his hand for him to stop. "No time. You guys have to hurry up and help at the training grounds! That's where most of the trouble is" Nico says. We both nod.

"Oh and (Y/N), good to see you back, glad you're not there anymore" he says nonchalantly. I give him a "really?" Look.

~le time skip~

Me and Leo reach upon the training grounds and there is a lot of mess.

Many campers lie dead as their blood stains the green grass. Other beasts roam around while some just start eating the campers. I shiver. "Disgusting" I say. "Tell me about it" Leo says.

I shake my head. "I leave for one hour and this happens?" I say in an annoyed tone. Leo scoffs. "We weren't ready, it was a sudden attack. plus you were dying."

"I was already dead." Shit.....was I?

"WHAT?!?"

"SHHH" I cover his mouth. "They'll hear you" I whisper. We look over at the beasts. Leo nods as we crawl behind the trees.

"You were already dead?!?" Leo whispers.
I groan. "Can we not talk about this right now?"

He hmms. "Oh hell we are! When were you going to tell me this? Huh? That you already
d i e d?!?" He whisper shouts in anger.

"I wasn't.....exactly dead" I mumble. "What?" Leo says softly. "I was visited by the Gods okay?" I whisper. Leo widens his eyes from shock. "What the shit?!??" He whisper shouts.

"When I get these, I go in a state of 'death' per day but it's only in dire need, in this case it was. It was just one measly hour"

"THREE HOURS.....I COUNTED!" Leo says angrily. He goes off in flames.

The beasts roar and now spot us. I roll my eyes. "Idiot" I mumble.

"You have got A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO" he shouts. He runs after one of them with his hammer. I roll my eyes and charge after the cyclops.

After a while I finally am able to stab its eyes and slash its neck with my sword. I exhale air due to exhaustion.

I turn around to see Leo standing there, crossed arms and disappointing face. Uh oh....

I look down. "I made you all worried" I say disappointedly.  "I'm even more worried now (Y/N)!" He says. I look up. "What?"

"They visited you! They all fucking entered your mind while you were dead?!? Doesn't that strike you as odd??" Leo says. I ponder.

"No"

He slaps his forehead. "Listen...." he takes a breather. "They don't think of us as equals, but rather our children's, rivals or pawns. And their view on taking care of kids is clearly just talking to them in their dreams at least once a month and leaving them with a dysfunctional childhood" he says.

"So Why the fuck do they care so much that all of them visit you in a dream?"

I stare at him....utterly speechless. He looks at me kind of frustrated, yearning for me to say something.

"....."

"I'm apparently some reincarnated god....in a way. Something about my ancestors being chosen to be a knight to kill every single one of you" I say.

Leo blinks. "Well...." he clears his throat. "Did you knew about this?" I shake my head. He groans.

"So you're a pawn"

Sorry for the wait, hope you like it for a while. I'll try and keep it consistent than waiting like a fucking year -.-