Prologue

➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶

It had been years since Lance and his other friends had gotten together. So today was the day they got to see each other one last time before everything changed.

"Lance!" Someone yelled out.

A tall Cuban boy turned around to see his close friend Pidge approaching. Well her real name was Katie, but she preferred Pidge instead.

"Hey Pidge, hows it hangin'?" Lance asked as the small girl reached him.

"It's been going great actually, college, family, you know.. all of that jazz." Pidge scratched the back of her neck, "so what's been happening with you?" Pidge asked as she watched a car pass by.

They were outside of a very small picnic area, it's where they always met when they were younger. So cars passed by all the time, but never really stopped to check it out anymore.

"I mean.. I haven't been able to find a school, I can't really contact my family from here.. and with my rent rising, I can't really keep up." Lance said with a shrug as yet another car passed by.

It was rush hour anyways, so that would explain why so many were going by.

"Don't worry, you'll figure it out soon enough." Pidge said reassuringly as she seemed to stare off into her mind.

"I don't know.. I don't really have a hobby." Lance said with a sigh as he looked down to the dirt beneath him.

"Of course you have a hobby. Remember what you used to do with your father back in Cuba? You said that you guys hunted down weird creatures and found some cool artifacts from thousands of years ago." Purge paused when Lance didn't smile, "don't you remember?" She asked with a bit of a frown as well.

Lance slowly let his eyes meet with Pidge, but he only kept frowning.

"Of course I remember.. just how would I make money off of that-?"

"Lance! Stop feeling down about yourself and think for a second! Finding those artifacts could get you thousands upon thousands of dollars! It would be your best shot!" Pidge snapped with a scowl.

Lance looked away from the girl again and felt a bit of confidence rise within him.

"Alright, I'll see if I have any of my supplies." Lance said with a smile, "and thank you Pidge."

"It's really no problem, this is what friends are for." Pidge said as she hugged Lance tightly.

Lance replied with a tight hug in return and let go when someone else arrived a few seconds later.

"Hey guys!" Hunk yelled out.

Hunk was also one of Lance's close friends. He was always the kind and shy part of the group. He's always scared of what might happen in the future. Some people thought he was a physic.

"Hey Hunk my man, what's up with you?" Lance asked as if nothing happened before.

Pidge was glad that Lance wasn't sad anymore. He was always the one who brought everyone together.

"I could be better, today I imagined I would walk into a pole. And I did! It's so weird!" Hunk yelled out with a chuckle.

"Well, that's interesting." Pidge said with a giggle as well.

"So, What are we going to do? We planned to meet up, but we didn't decide what activities to do." Hunk said with a nervous smile.

"Don't worry, I already have one planned." Lance said with a smirk.