Chapter 4

➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶

"Stay still." Allura said as she set her hand onto Lance's shoulder.

They both were still inside of his truck on the side of the road, but Allura was trying to teleport them to Montana. Where a nest of vampires had been spotted.

Allura then whispered a few words to herself before everything glowed white. Lance and Allura both closed there eyes from the blinding light, hoping that it had worked.

When they opened their eyes again, they gasped to see it had worked. The truck now sat in front of a small town with a sign that said "welcome to Montana".

"We did it.." Allura said with a sigh of relief.

Lance nodded and slowly climbed out of his vehicle.

"Lance, you want to fight the vampires right?" Allura asked as she climbed out too.

Lance looked down to her as she went beside him.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Lance asked as he started to walk towards the town.

Allura followed close behind and shrugged.

"You'll have to find someone here that can help you." Allura said as she looked to the ground.

"I have you and Jessica, so I'm set." Lance said as he slowed down a bit to walk beside his friend.

Allura gave a nervous laugh and sighed.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you. Neither can Jessica." Lance gave a confusing look over to Allura as they made there way to the first block of town, "if I go against those vampires, I could die easily. My magic is running low, and Jessica is still injured.."

Lance frowned and nodded to the ground.

"I understand, but who else here would be a bounty hunter like me?" Lance asked as they came to a intersection with not many cars passing by.

Allura was silent as she stared in front of her in horror. Walking down the sidewalk across the street, was the werewolf that Jessica tried to kill. She knew from Jessica describing him, beside the man was another guy who had a hood covering his face completely and he hid his hands in his pockets. She could sense something odd about the other one. They then turned down an alleyway out of sight.

"Allura? What's wrong?" Lance asked as he watched the two men turn down the alleyway too.

"I think we need to follow them."

And with no other words, Allura ran across the street and waited for Lance to follow. Once both of them were on the other side, they quickly headed down the alley way as well. They were surprised to see the two men had disappeared, but a door on the side of the alley way had just closed.

"Let's Wait out here for a bit..." Allura said as she sat against the stone wall beside her.

"Alright.." Lance said as he sat beside her.

"Hey, maybe we could contact your sister in the mean time." Allura suggested as she yawned.

Lance nodded and took out his phone. He typed in his sisters number and held the device close to his ear. After it rang for a couple seconds someone answered, and there was quick breathing.

"Lance! I can't talk right now!" Jessica yelled out thru the phone.

There was a sudden snarl in the background as Lance could hear her running.

"Jessica, tell me what's going on." Lance said as he felt more worry fill his gut.

"The vampire nest, some came out while I was studying it and their chasing me. I gotta go-!" The phone call then ended as Lance took the phone and put it in his pocket.