Chapter 8

2005, South Utah

"Shiro! You can not believe what just happened!" Someone yelled out.

Shiro stood in the bare moonlight as he turned to his friend.

"Adam, we've talked about this. We can't get involved with the humans..." Shiro said assumingely.

Shiro then managed to drag Adam inside before anything else was said.

"No, Shiro, this doesn't have anything to do with humans!" Adam barked with a scowl.

Adam and Shiro were both werewolves who lived in South Utah, where nothing was. Just long endless deserts and small canyons. Nothing else really stood there except for a few abandoned sheds and farms, but they weren't even removed. So Shiro and Adam chose one to stay in until they could go somewhere else. It wasn't only the emptiness that bothered the two friends, it was also the "who"that affected them most. With them being werewolves, they liked night time best. But with other things lurking around at night. They can't really compete.

What else roams around here? Well there are Vampires there that are told to destroy anything in their path. It's not only vampires that roam, there's also ghouls. Ghouls eat anything that gets in their way, including each other.

Shiro and Adam were currently in one of their sheds they lived in, and the late evening hours were approaching fast. And with Adam exclaiming about some discovery, they could easily be spotted by vamps or ghouls and die instantly.

"I-."

"Adam, shut it." Shiro said with a growl as he turned away from his friend and faced the wall beside him.

They managed to cover up the walls and windows with wood and metal they found lying around, but they could easily lose a battle if one were ever to come.

"No seriously, you have to come see this." Adam said with pleading eyes.

Shiro shrugged and smiled a bit.

"Alright what do you have Adam?" Shiro asked as he followed his friend outside.

The two friends looked left and right before quickly running across the way to a human road.

Ahead, there was a car that had flipped onto its side and smoke was rising up into the air.

"Adam, you said this had nothing to do with humans." Shiro said with a glare to him before looking back ahead.

They were walking now, but they still felt as if something could jump out at any moment.

"Look closer." Adam said as he forced Shiro closer to the car.

Shiro shrugged and kneeled to the ground so he could see inside. What he saw was terrifying. There was a human man in the drivers seat that was surely dead, since his entire chest and face had been stabbed with large shards of glass. Not to mention he wasn't even breathing... beside him, a female vampire with dark purple skin sat there, dead as well. Her entire body was covered in blood that seemed almost unreal. Since vampires loved blood...

"So... their dead. Why would I need to see this. We can't save them." Shiro said with a frown as he stood back to his feet.

Adam shook his head and pointed to the backseat.

"Look there." Adam said as he checked behind them a few times just to be safe.

Shiro slowly kneeled to the ground again beside the back of the car and looked thru the broken window. He gasped when he saw a baby with violet skin and black hair coughing with tears.

"We have to get it out!" Shiro yelled out as he transformed into a wolf and used his strength to push the car back onto its wheels.

There were a few sobs from the baby as the car was moved.
"Don't worry, your safe.." Shiro said as he opened the car door and took the baby out from its car seat.

The baby cried loudly in Shiro's grasp. It was really loud and could easily attract other things... Shiro then transformed back.

"It's name is Keith..." Shiro said as he saw a necklace around the babies neck that had his name.

"Well then, we need to take Keith to the shed. And fast." Adam said with a another few quick glances around them.

"Ya, lets go." Shiro said as he stood to his feet with Keith still in his arms.

"Where do you think your going... WEREWOLF!" Someone yelled out.

Shiro and Adam both felt their muscles clench very tightly. They were caught... Shiro and Adam both turned around to see a ghoul standing there. She had black hair that went down to her waist and her skin was tinted green. Her eyes were like a snakes, yellow and deep. She also had a tail with green scales and a few red ones staggered along them.

"What do you want." Shiro said with a glare to the creature.

"I want that." The ghoul said as she pointed to the small vampire in Shiro's arms.

"No!" Adam yelled out as he transformed into a wolf.

He roared and pounced onto the ghoul.

"GO!" Adam yelled back to Shiro as he kept fighting.

Shiro hesitated before running off with Keith still in his arms. As he ran, he heard screams come from both Adam and the ghoul. Shiro then turned his head over his shoulder and gasped, Adam and the ghoul were still punching each other. Shiro looked back forwards as he kept running, but once he reached the shed. He put Keith inside onto the small couch and used a blanket to cover him, except for his head stuck out while he cried.

"Shh.." Shiro said calmly as he looked back outside.

He was terrified to see the ghoul had stabbed Adam in the chest, causing him to fall to the ground. Dead.

Shiro gasped and quickly closed the door so the ghoul didn't see he had gone inside.

"Adam... no.." Shiro said with a few tears as the baby on the coach let out a small sob.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you."

↤↤↤↤↤  ↦↦↦↦↦