Chapter 17

➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶

Keith grunted as he lifted his head from slumber. They had traveled so far, so fast... they were were in some type of valley now. It's soil and surrounding hills were colored black.

"W-what happened here.." Keith whispered as he looked over to Lance.

He held his breathe when he saw his true love was unconscious, limp. Keith bit his lip to hold back his sobs. Wherever they were headed, it wasn't going to be a good visit...

Keith then looked forwards and gasped. There was a giant tower made of black stone that seemed to reach the menacing clouds above. There were savage vampires crawling along its walls. They were either sitting there screaming or eating some type of carcass...

"Keith, are you ok?"

Keith snapped his head to Lance with a relieved sigh.

"Ya, you?" Keith asked as he gave a nervous glance to the tower they were approaching.

"I'm fine..." Lance said with a small cough, "how did we get here so fast?"

"I don't know, we could have been asleep for longer than we think..." Keith said with a shrug.

"What's that..." Lance said as his eyes widened at the tower they were approaching.

"If I'm correct, it belongs to Lotor." Keith said with a gulp.

Lance shivered and looked around for Romelle. He spotted her in one of the vampires clutches, limp. She must have fallen unconscious too. Lance then looked back to the tower and noticed savage vampires were starting to notice their arrival.

"Lance, if we don't make it out of this.. I wanted you to know that-." Keith took a deep breathe, "I wanted you to know that you changed my view on humans... You made me a better person. I love you." Keith said with a gag from the particles in the air.

Lance felt a blush tint his cheeks as he smiled.

"I can say the same thing about you, I thought all vampires were bad... but you proved me wrong. And- I love you too." Lance said with a bigger smile.

Keith smiled too and suddenly got jerked forward as the vampire holding him didn't seem to like the talking. Keith then frowned and let his face fall back into the dirt.

Lance growled and used all of his strength to tear away from the vampire dragging him. The vampire shrieked before pouncing at him. Lance dodged the attack and stabbed the creature in the chest. He then turned to the others and ran at them with a roar. He struck down two more, leaving the last four. Lance then attacked the one holding Romelle and managed to kill it by cutting its head off clean. Romelle was still asleep and Lance caught her before she fell to the ground. He then put her in a pouch attached to his leather belt.

Lance turned around to see the other three vampires running at him with snarls. Lance scowled and stabbed one in the chest before throwing it into the one behind it. He then went for the one holding Keith. Lance grabbed its neck and stabbed it in the stomach, causing black liquids to rain to the ground. Lance let out a cringe as the terrible smell went into his nose.

"Keith!" Lance yelled as he helped his vampire friend stand.

"Lance, you- you saved us." Keith said as he hugged the bounty hunter.

Lance smiled and hugged him back. After a few seconds they let go and looked to the menacing tower that was assumed to be Lotor's.

"Lets go." Keith said with a determined expression as he headed for the tower.

He was stopped by a hand going onto his shoulder. He turned to see Lance looking down to him with a frown.

"Remember, I always have your back." Lance said with a grin.

Keith smiled.

"Me too." Keith said with a bigger smile.

Lance nodded with a smirk before looking to the tower. Keith and Lance then looked to each other and they both ran at the tower with weapons in hand. Well, Keith had bared his fangs and he had grown claws that could pierce thru anyone's skin. Lance had taken out a gun and a silver knife. They were both ready.

As they ran towards the tower, some of the vampires noticed them and screeched at the top of their lungs. Some of them then jumped down to the ground and ran at Lance and Keith.

Keith then pounced and pinned one of them to the ground. There were now two others running at Lance still and one more was running at Keith.

"DIE IN HELL!" Keith screamed as he stabbed the vampire he had pinned down in the skull.

His claws had dug deep enough to cause lethal damage, so the vampire went limp pretty fast. Keith then stood back to his feet and was almost immediately knocked to the ground.

꧁ ♕ ♕ ♕ ♕ ♕ ♕ ♕꧂

"They have arrived..." Lotor said as he looked down to the landscape below.

Lotor had been standing on top of his tower, waiting for the arrival of his victims. But he didn't expect that Keith would be one of them. Lotor know's Keith like the back of his hand, Keith always ruined his plans and worked with some werewolf named Shiro. Now he seemed to be working with a bounty hunter.

"Come forth... my little demons..." Lotor said with a toothy smile.

Then from the ground. Two hands reached up and they both pulled up two vampires. They were Hunk and Pidge, but they weren't going to stop if they saw Lance. They were savage.

"Go get those disgusting peasants and bring them to me. Alive."