Chapter 16

➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶
"Lance, why do you have to be so stubborn.." Romelle whispered under her breathe, "Well, I know for a fact that those vampires got lucky." Romelle said with a chuckle.

Lance smiled and slowly lie down onto the ground, He kept looking into the flames as he did so.

"Romelle, did you get the cure?" Lance asked.

"Well, Yes, But it was hard." Romelle laughed, "that Hagar lady wasn't even there! But some vampires and ghouls were."

"It's amazing that you made it thru them." Lance said as he looked from the flames to the top of the cave.

"It wasn't hard." Romelle said as she flexed her arms proudly.

Lance smiled and slowly closed his eyes.

╚»★«╝╚»★«╝ ╚»★«╝╚»★«╝

Keith groaned as he kept trying to escape his restraints, but to no avail. He just couldn't stop thinking about Lance.

"Hey, wake up." Ezor said as she slapped Keith across the face.

Keith shrugged and looked down to the cave floor. Him and the vampires had traveled to another cave. It wasn't very far from where Lance and him had been attacked.

"Let him have his rest Ezor, he's gonna go thru a lot tomorrow." Zethrid said with a smirk to Keith.

Keith frowned and looked back to the ground.

"Do you think that Lover boy is dead?" Ezor asked as she messed with the frozen dirt on the ground.

"Probably." Acxa said with a shrug.

She felt that something was wrong... that it was almost too quiet outside.

Suddenly the silence was broken with loud screeches. Narti snapped her head up and she headed over to the mouth of the cave.

"What's out there?" Ezor asked with a bit of fear.

Narti turned back towards the group and shrugged. Suddenly something grabbed her shoulder, causing her to be dragged out of sight.

"Narti!" Ezor yelled out as she ran outside.

Zethrid grunted as she followed her friend outside, Acxa also followed close behind.

"WHAT ARE TH- THEIR SAVAGE VAMPIRES!!" Keith could hear Ezor scream.

Keith felt something touch his shoulder, he then lifted his head and screamed. Standing above him, was a vampire with its face only inches away from Keith's. Keith froze as he looked at the creatures features, it's yellow eyes were lined with puss and blood as they stared deep into Keith's soul. The vampire also had purple skin like Keith, but Keith could see the creatures bones sticking out sharply with scratches and gashes that seemed to have never healed.

"Hey, he's ours!" Zethrid yelled out as she ran at the vampire that stood above Keith.

The creature shrieked and stabbed Zethrid in the chest with its bare hand. It then ripped out her heart and threw it onto the ground. Keith tried to crawl away from the scene, but the creature saw him and grabbed his leg before dragging him outside into the snow.

"D-don't Leave.." Someone has wheezed from the snow.

Keith lifted his head to see Ezor, Narti, and Acxa were all piled on top of each other as their blood ran down onto the snow.

Keith frowned as he tried to yank his legs out from the vampire that held him. The vampire snarled and kicked him. Keith gagged and watched as he saw how many there were. There were only five, but they were pretty strong... as Keith looked to where they were headed, he noticed they were heading for Lance.

"L-Lance.." Keith whispered as his fell in the snow as he got dragged up the slope.

➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶

"What was that?" Romelle asked as some shrieks sounded out from outside.

"I don't know..." Lance said with a shutter.

He then stood up and screamed when something grabbed him from behind. He then fell to the ground and he tried to lift himself up, but someone had pinned him down. He heard a snarl, and he turned his head to see a savage vampire had knocked him down.

"Romelle-!" Lance stopped when he saw the fairy had been grabbed by another vampire that had entered thru the outside.

"Arg, let go of me you freak!" Romelle screamed as she struggled in the vampires grip.

Lance then felt the vampire who had caught him start to drag him across the floor. They went out into the blizzard outside, Lance almost screamed as the cold surrounded him.

Lance's eyes widened when he saw five more savage vampires. They all then lifted their heads to screech in victory.

"L-Lance..." Lance heard someone whisper.

Lance looked beside him to see Keith being held by one of the other vampires. He had restraints tightly around his wrists and his yellow eyes were crusted with ice and snow. His lips were cracked from the cold and his eyelashes also had huge chunks of ice clung onto them.

"K-Keith? What happened?" Lance asked as he shivered.

"I-I'll explain later-."

Keith was cut off as the vampires started to move. Keith groaned as his face fell into the snow. Lance felt his body lurch forward as his face fell into the snow too. The vampire holding him was dragging him also.