Chapter 13

➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶

"So, What's our plan?" Lance asked as both him and Keith sat in a small cave.

Keith bit his lip while he prepared a fire for warmth. He was freezing.

"H-hmm..." Keith shivered as he hummed, "A-Alright, So w-what if we g-go to L-lotor's location, then we can wait for your f-fairy friend to show up and get the c-cure.." Keith paused as he shivered hard from the cold still.

He couldn't even grasp the fire wood that he collected properly. Lance frowned and stood up to sit beside Keith. He then wrapped an arm around the vampire and held him close.

"Keep going... i'm listening.." Lance said as he helped Keith grab the wood.

Keith smiled and accepted Lance's warmth.

"Ok, so after we get the cure from your friend, we'll have to keep it safe while we fight off the vampires until we find your two friends." Keith then used two rocks he had to make a spark in the wood that was now in a Tepee shape.

"Then after that we can kill Lotor!" Lance yelled out as he shot his fist onto the air.

Keith nodded and chuckled at Lance's excitement. Keith then looked down to the wood in front of them as a fire started to bloom.

"But if that doesn't work, we'll have to cancel out the saving your friends part." Keith said a frown.

"But-."

"Lance, I said if that doesn't work." Keith interrupted with a sigh.

Lance nodded and looked into the flames as well. The fire almost reminded him of his family. Warm, bright, and alive.

"Wait, What would we do if Romelle doesn't make it in time?" Lance asked with a worried expression.

"Well there shouldn't be a reason why she wouldn't make it in time, but if she doesn't. She probably would have been killed, or lost." Keith said with a shrug.

Lance felt his eyes widen at the word killed.

"She won't die, or get lost. I promise you that." Lance said with a pout.

"Well it could happen, so be prepared." Keith said with a frown.

Lance nodded and looked out to the snow covered mountains outside of the cave. Suddenly a large breeze blowed thru the cave causing Keith to shutter. Keith then turned into a bat and curled up into a small ball. Lance chuckled and took off Keith's hoodie. He then set it on top of the bat beside him.

Keith then turned back to his normal form and wrapped his hoodie around him tightly. He gave Lance a smile before closing his eyes to fall into slumber.

➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶➶

"Keith! Wake up!" Lance yelled out as he shook Keith.

Keith woke with a start and he sat up.

"How long has it been?" Keith asked as he rubbed his head.

"Only an hour, but there's something you have to see!" Lance yelled out with a smile.

Keith titled his head and stood to his feet. He followed Lance outside while still holding his hoodie. He gasped to see a whole bunch of ice dragons dancing on a now frozen lake that wasn't there before... they seemed to be singing an ancient song, because it was in a different language. And the dances they were doing were from thousands of years ago.

"Their... Kuraokami's..." Keith said with a smile.

"Ya! People thought that they all died! But their still alive!" Lance said with excitement as he still watched the Kuraokami's dance and sing, "maybe they can give us a ride!"