Ch 21 - Picnic Revelations

Copyright to VedaPettigrew

Fiona and I wandered to the Willow Glade to watch one of our warriors fight, Dominic had gone to a match between two random packs I didn't know. As Luna Luna I would have to join him at some points throughout the challenge, but this morning I wanted to have a gossip with Fiona.

The omegas were too busy to come this morning but thanks to all the wonderful Starfish they would be able to join in later. Fiona had taken it upon herself to organise a rota of women, me included, to assist them through the Challenge to allow them some extra free time.

As we followed the crowd I saw plenty of other Stone Mountain men and women milling around, out in support of their warriors.

Jasper and Ned were visibly guarding me, intimidating and fierce enough to melt the crowds away so we had an easy path through. Some perks were pretty handy! As usual, another three protectors were hidden in the area. I noticed many eyes turning my way as we walked, everyone knowing who I was. I hated the attention and had to keep checking I didn't have food in my teeth or weird hair.

"So what did you think of your first fight?" Fiona asked.

"You were right, I had no idea how my primal instincts would override everything else. I loved it. Which is weird because when my dad used to watch boxing, I had to leave the room."

"I know, it was weird for me too, discovering I enjoyed a bit of violence," she laughed, "But they're just so strong and very impressive to watch, did you see the way Marcus' muscles were taut and bulging as he punched that guy..."

I quickly side-stepped to the right, "Whoa, watch out."

Fiona looked puzzled at the ground behind us, "What?"

I grinned, "Just trying not to slip in the massive puddle of drool you were producing."

"Oh ha ha," she retorted dryly.

"What exactly would your reaction be if I said I was watching said muscles with the same enthusiasm you were displaying?" I teased.

She stopped, causing the stream of people around us to mutter discontentedly. She narrowed her eyes at me, "Yup, nope. You'd better not have."

I laughed and tugged her arm, "Don't worry, you're safe on that front. All I saw was a strong warrior battling another strong warrior. The only muscles I will be drooling over belong to another body entirely."

"Now I feel guilty about how much I was drooling over that body just a few weeks ago," she confessed cheekily.

"Yeah, you should," I jested, "Except I get it, he is totally droolworthy." She nodded and I continued proudly, "And ALL MINE."

A few men frowned at me and I realised our conversation was not really private. Fiona nodded and we switched to the link.

"Did you see the looks those men gave me when I claimed Dominic as my own?"

"Two things." She held up her forefinger, "One. It is so weird hearing you casually call Alpha Alpha by his name. I daren't even say it in the mindlink."

"Yeah, and you'd better not. He definitely won't approve of me using it with you either, sorry," I grimaced but she just flicked it away with her hand. "It just feels so over-the-top to call him Alpha Alpha in our private conversation. He's my mate, and you're my friend."

"I know what you mean. Don't worry, 'I'll neevver te-eell," she sang in a creepy voice making me laugh out loud and push her shoulder. More people looked at us oddly and I realised they had no idea we were chatting. To them, I just randomly laughed and pushed someone.