Prologue

PROLOGUE

THE LARGE chandelier in the middle of their mansion and the grand double staircase, making all his childhood memories came back. A kid who was born with a golden spoon on his mouth, that idiom is perfectly fit on him. The short description say it all. Because he's already a fucking billionaire since the day he was born! It was legally written on the papers and his bank accounts are the massive proof. No doubt 'bout how wealthy he is.

He's not even wondering why he's always on the list of one of the richest man in Asia. Taon-taon na walang palya.

Brooke silently took a deep sigh before he could even imagine the most unforgettable yet tearful memories he had in that mansion. He shook his head and eyed the maids who's in the line, welcoming his sudden arrival.

"Good evening, Señorito. Welcome back,"

The old mayordoma of their mansion greeted him with smile on her lips. Her hair is in a very neat bun, almost same with the maids in front of him, they're all uniformed. Nakahilera ng maayos, handang-handang magsilbi.

"Where's Papa?" He asked and give his suit to the maid next to him.

"Nasa library room, Señorito. Kanina pa naghihintay sa pagdating mo si Don Armando."

Brooke just shrug his shoulder and walk towards the grand staircase, leaving them with his suitcase. He just came back from Singapore, he's been busy managing his oil company who has a branch all over the Asia.

He never stay in the mansion when he's in the Philippines, he has a penthouse in Taguig and the mansion is located in South Luzon. He rarely visit his grandfather, maybe that's the reason why the old man suddenly wanted his presence.

Brooke took a quick cold shower and changed his clothes before he went to the library room, which his grandfather was waiting for him.

"Papa," he called the man who's sitting on the swivel chair.

"Apo,"

"Why's it so sudden? I was busy." He complaint and give him a quick hug.

Brooke sit on the vacant swivel chair and stare on his abuelo. Don Armando isn't getting any younger, his grayish hair is visible now and the wrinkles on his face cannot hide anymore. But still, the old man in front of him remains the authority of his aura. Very intimidating and powerful.

"I went to my doctor, Brooke. I can't stay any longer. I was diagnosed with leukemia."

Brooke eyes suddenly widened a bit, shocked by what he heard. It was a very straightforward moves from his grandfather!

"There's a cure in leukemia, Papa."

"Yes, but it was too late, apo. And the doctor found out that my kidney isn't working well. At may butas ako sa puso."

Brooke let out a loud breath. Is this for real? But when he look at his lolo, he seems so healthy. Matanda na pero may ibubuga pa, but what if he's just hiding his weakness on him? His grandfather is a very powerful man, hindi nito binibigyan nang pagkakataon ang mga tao na kakitaan ito ng kahinaan, kahit pa sa harap niya.

"Bakit hindi natin nalaman nang mas maaga pa? Para naagapan," Umiling-iling siya, bigo dahil sa nangyayari.

"I knew it, apo. You were the one who doesn't aware 'bout my condition because you were busy earning millions on your bank accounts." Don Armando sighed and shook his head, showing his disappointment. "You do not need to work so hard, Brooke. We have billions in our bank accounts. Let your people do your job."

"You know how passionate am I in running my business. I cannot just give it up, besides I don't have anything to do in my spare time. A short vacation is enough for me and women of course," Brook smirked.

"Wala ka nang oras sa pamilya mo,"

A feeling of guilt kick in. His grandfather is fucking right, he's busy making millions and the consequence was lacking of enough time for his family, he has no time for his only family...his lolo.

"Alright, I made up my mind now. I will be staying here for a months, for you."

"That's not what I wanted, Brooke."

"Then what is it you wanted Papa?"

"I wanted you to have your own family,"

Brooke groaned and he lazily rested his back on his swivel chair. Family? He doesn't even think about building one.

"You know that I don't have plan on settling down. I'm happy with my life without it."

"I wanted you to settle down, Brooke." His grandfather insisted. "I might leave you anytime soon. You're my only heir. And I wanted my only heir to have his own family."

"No, I cannot do that."

"Then I won't give you your inheritance."

"What the fuck?!"

Napaayos siya nang upo at nakipagtagisan ng tingin sa abuelo. After a few seconds of staring at each other, he realized that the old man is damn serious!

"I will just donate it all to the people who needed that more than you."

"You cannot do that to me, Papa." He frustratedly brushed his hair using his fingers. "Don't push me to marry,"

The old man just shrug his shoulder and stood up, ending their conversation.

"I will give you three to five months to get married, Brooke. I'm sure you could find someone to marry that easy."

"It's not that easy. It's hard to find a woman who will look at me as a husband and not a sugar daddy who will spoil and buy everything they wanted."

He already mastered how to treat a women, they like expensive gifts and treat them like they are really special. They are so eager to be prioritize by men. Women are very demanding.

And, most of all, he knew what they wanted from him. His body, his name and his money. Nobody wanted him as him. How could he marry a woman when she only wanted from him is his wealth?

"It's your problem, apo. Because you like to spoil your women. Baka ikaw lang ang nag-iisip na ginagamit ka lang nila dahil sa pera mo?"

"They're user, I know that."

"You were using each other then? You were using them to warm your bed and they were using you to their caprice."

"That's why I'm not going to marry. I can't trust women."

His grandfather sighed heavily and glance at him with understanding on his face, his abuelo knew what he was trying to say. He knew why he's like that to women. He knew the story behind all the hatred on his heart. His grandfather knew everything.

"Women are different, my grandchild. Not because someone left you, it doesn't mean that everyone would do that." He explained, trying to change his mind 'bout how he look on women. "There's always that someone who will stand out and will stick with you in the end. Trust me with that, apo."

Brooke smile bitterly. Even he wanted to believe in that, he just can't. His heart and mind is only believe in one thing, women never stay.

"I know Papa, but I also know that women will leave you after they get what they wanted from you. I experienced it first hand." He shook his head, bitterness on his heart. "And I can't trust them, anymore."

"But remember what is this conversation all 'bout, I still wanted you to settle down or else I won't give you all your inheritance." His grandfather patted his shoulder, as if waking him up. "Think about all of this, Brooke. And I hope you change the way you look on women."