23 ~ DNA Test

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

PASADO alas siete na nang makarating si Gelicah sa restaurant ng Altaraza's hotel and resort, kung saan natanaw niya kaagad si Carter na prenteng nakaupo sa bandang sulok ng lugar. The man waved his hand cooly when he saw her in the entrance door.

She have been thinking about dining with him all day. Pero sa huli, pinayagan niya ang sarili kaysa mag mukmok sa kanyang silid at maghintay ng tawag o kahit text message man lang mula kay Brooke. She was just deluding herself with the thought that Brooke will call and check her.

Siguro nga ay hindi talaga matanggap ng lalaki na magkapatid sila, kahit siya ay gano'n din naman. Pero ito ang tadhana nila, they misinterpret the reason why their path crossed, hindi pala para magmahalan sila bilang mag-asawa, kundi pala bilang magkapatid.

"Earth to Gelicah..." Carter snapped his fingers just in front of her, pulling her out on her deep thought.

"Uh, I'm sorry." She apologize and smile shyly at him.

"Missing your husband already?"

"No,"

The man stare at her for a moment, before he sigh defeatedly. "Alright, you can share your thoughts later."

"Who told you that I will share my thoughts to you?" Umatake ang pagiging masungit niya.

"You better share it, I don't want to see a beautiful woman like you going crazy because you have so many things in your mind that you refused to tell." Carter smirk at her. "Thinking too much of your problem will make you stress...and I believe, a pregnant woman shouldn't be stress."

This handsome but dangerous man in front of her has a point. She's been thinking too much that it made her hard to sleep. Ni kahit ang kumain nga ay wala siyang gana.

Ngayon na naisip niyang may anghel sa sinapupunan niya na apektado sa bawat galaw niya, bigla siyang nakonsyensya. Naawa siya para sa anak.

"Thanks for reminding me. I almost forget my baby."

Carter rested his back on the chair arrogantly, as if he won an argument. "And one more thing, stress will lead you to depression. Uh," He frowned. " I don't want you to suffer that kind of illness."

"I don't want it, too." She took another breath. "Okay, I will share my secret to you that my friends did not know yet."

"Its my pleasure to know it."

Ilang sandali pa ay dumating na ang waiter para ihain sa lamesa ang mga pagkain na sa palagay niya ay na-order na ni Carter bago pa siya dumating kanina.

Ang mga pares ng mata ng kababaihan na pasulyap-sulyap sa gawi nila ay hindi nakatakas sa kanya. But, Carter Altaraza did not take notice to those longing gaze at him from women. It seems like he used to it.

"Do you stay in hotel?" She asked out of the blue. They are eating already.

Carter gave her a knowing smile. Umismid siya rito, akala siguro ay pupuntahan niya ito sa room nito. No way in hell!

"I don't stay in hotel."

She lifted her one eyebrow. "Saan ka tumutuloy kung gano'n?"

"Hindi ako pumapatol sa may sabit, Gelicah."

And that made her laugh. Really? He was thinking that she's flirting on him? This notorious playboy has full of air of himself.

"Nice joke, you got me there."

"Yeah, that's it. Smile..." He sipped on his wine. "I'm staying in our mansion, at the back of this hotel."

"Karen and her siblings are staying in the mansion, too?"