12 ~ Prince

CHAPTER TWELVE

IT WAS a cold night in Texas, Christmas is coming. She was enjoying the snow like she used to be. She's sitting on the window, watching the snow. Inilabas niya ang maliit na kamay at sinalo ang maliliit at maninipis na yelong naglalaglagan. She giggled and let the ice melted on her small palm.

"What happened to the Queen?" Little Gelicah asked the woman who's sitting behind her, inaalalayan siya para hindi mahulog.

"The Queen left the castle, honey."

Nilingon niya ang kausap, nababalot ng makapal na jacket and katawan nito at may bonnet din sa ulo, kagaya ng suot niya. Ang mga mata naman nito ay malamlam at ngumingiti habang pinagmamasdan siya. Maganda, sana kapag laki niya ay kasing ganda niya rin ito. May mga matang kumikislap.

"Why? The castle is big. There are many rooms there, she could use it to sleep at night if the King is mad at her. The Queen doesn't need to leave." Icah said innocently.

"Even you are living in a big Castle, if you don't feel the happiness anymore, you will surely choose to leave, than to stay and live an unhappy life."

What she said made her think that if you are not happy, then leave? That's what she understand. That's why the Queen left the Castle? Because she wasn't happy anymore?

"But...the Prince will be sad once he realize that the Queen already left the Castle." Icah blinked, she felt sad about the little Prince.

"Yes. The Prince will be sad, for sure. The Queen knows that."

"The Queen was a coward!" Little Gelicah hissed.

Malungkot na ngumiti sa kanya ang kausap, nawala ang kislap ng mga mata pero maganda pa rin ito sa paningin niya.

"Maybe...she was." She whispered.

Little Icah took a deep sighed and made a sad face. Dalang-dala sa kwentong iyon na tungkol sa pag-alis ng reyna sa malaking kastilyo. Halos maisaulo niya na ang bawat pangyayari at ang bawat sulok ng kastilyong iyon. Nakaukit sa isip niya.

"Where's the Queen now?"

She gave her a small smile and caress her cheek. "The Queen's living in a simple life, away from the Castle..."

"...and away from the Prince?"

Tumango ito. "Yes, away from her little Prince."

"How sad..." Little Gelicah pouted her lips. "So...The Prince is growing up without the Queen?"

"Yes,"

"He's with the old King and the King in the Castle?"

"Yes, honey."

"Masaya ba ang Prinsipe?" Curious na tanong niya, habang magkasiklop ang nilalamig na mga kamay.

"The Queen is hoping that the Prince is happy...even without her."

"I wish for that, too. I want the Prince to be happy and I want the Queen to be happy, too." She dreamily said.

"THIS IS like a castle." Gelicah muttered while scanning the whole mansion.

Hindi magkandamayaw ang mata niya sa pagtingin sa bawat sulok, pakiramdam niya ay bumalik siya sa pagkabata. Ang kwento sa loob ng malaking kastilyo ay nanatili sa isip niya kahit na malaki na siya. Na kahit hindi naman totoo at kathang isip lang ay sadyang minahal niya ang kwentong 'yon...kahit na hindi 'yon nabigyan ng masayang katapusan.