Is This Okay?

Anastasia's POV

Chugging down my water I leave the gym still out of breath from practice. I'm so tired I completely miss the red head that's exiting the office, and I run right into him. We don't fall but we end up entangled with each other to the point that I don't know where his legs start and mine end. "Hey Ana you're looking quite Divine" he laughs raising his eyebrows suggestively when he whispers divine.

"Nice to see you too Wally, but what are doing at school?" I ask a little to cheerfully while trying to untangle my limbs from his, but he just stands there with an amused smirk holding me in place so I can't move. "I had to register for school, but what are you doing here?"

"Cheer practice" I breathe out shakily all while halting my efforts of freeing myself so we're just standing there staring at each other. His mouth opens a come back ready to whip out of his mouth at the speed he runs, but his eyes catch someone behind me and he instantly pulls away.

Frowning I turn around to see Olivia, my only friend, staring at me with a perfectly groomed eyebrow quirked in confusion. "Hey Ana can I talk to you for a sec" she deadpans yanking my arm before I can even agree to go with her.

"Britt's throwing a party tonight, and she wasn't going to invite you because she thinks you're a complete drag. However I convinced her that you're cool, but she's not going to buy my lie if you're playing kissy face with the class idiot." Now it's my turn to play fish face as I gaze at Olivia in shock. Never in a million years did I expect Olivia of all people to say something to that degree.

I guess popularity has gone to her head.

"Listen, I know you think everyone needs to be treated the same, but the rest of the squad doesn't see it that way. Can't you see I'm just trying to save you from social suicide? It's not like you're Wonder Woman so stop acting like it." I glance behind me not wanting Wally to hear anything that's coming out of her mouth, but based on the way he keeps shifting towards us I assume that he's intently listening.

"Olivia I appreciate the fact that you're looking out for me, but I'm not going to bow down to Britt and let her dictate my life. Now if you'll excuse me Wally and I are going out to eat." I pivot ready to storm off, but her perfectly painted nails dig into my wrist pulling me back.

"If you do this you'll leave me no choice but to end our friendship" she seethes  warningly her nails digging deeper as she does so. She sets me with one last glare, but when I don't crack under it she releases my now scratched arm with a snap. "Let's go Wally" I demand pulling him with me as I storm out the front doors.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"So what are your powers exactly?" Wally asks through at least fifteen fries that are crammed into his mouth. I think for a second because I've never thought of my talents as powers just abilities that normal girls don't have.

"Well like most Amazons I possess superhuman strength, durability, and stamina; but none of my powers compare to your super speed in my mind." A blush burns my cheeks, and I hide behind my milkshake the best I can.

"Well I appreciate the boost of confidence, but I feel emasculated by you... Not that there's anything wrong with that" he laughs finally swallowing all of his fries with a huge smile. Again I gaze back down at my chocolate shake taking a few deep breaths because I'm not sure where to take the conversation from here.

"So do you have a dad, or how does that work?" He asks when he's finished his meal, and I'm just half way through my own. "Nope, my mom and I were both molded from clay and the gods brought us to life" I explain trying to keep it as simple as possible for him since his mind only seems to comprehend science.

Although if I'm going solely off his still confused face I didn't dumb it down enough. "It's kinda hard to understand if you've been sitting in health class your whole life" I joke laughing nervously, and even though he doesn't join in right away he cracks a smile. A true honest smile.

"Do you still consider yourself an Amazon?"

"Of course, even though I've lived here for the last five years I remember many Amazonian traditions and ways. Just because you no longer live somewhere does not mean you are no longer connected to it." I explain smiling as I pull from my foggy memories of before we moved.

"So what's your connection to the Flash?" I ask because I've been wondering it's not like my mom comes home and talks about all of her colleagues. "Can you keep a secret?" He whispers with a smirk causally leaning over the table so his lips are centimeters from my ear.

"Well I already know your secret identity, so I think you can trust me with this" I laugh nonchalantly wanting to lean back to put some space between us, but at the same time I think my heart paralyzed my body. He takes a deep breath lightly drumming his hands on the table like he's announcing a prize that I won.

"He's my uncle."

"Really all the build up and he's just your uncle" I laugh teasingly. "Is the princess not impressed?" He laughs his hurt facade breaking for a split second as he does so.

"It's not that I'm not impressed I was just expecting more like... He's secretly your long lost brother that ran away from home and has now returned, but he disguises himself as a superhero because he's to scared to actually go back home." I keep up my straight face all the way through my story, but as soon as my eyes focus back on Wally who's swallowing his laughter I break.

So we explode together everyone in the diner turning to us with looks of horror either worried we're having a stroke, or on drugs. But I hardly care, and I don't think he does either.