Denial

Anastasia's POV

"Hey honey how was the mission?" My mom shouts down the hall meeting me on the living room couch a PB&J sandwich with barbeque Pringles on a paper plate probably because she already did the dishes. "Depressing."

"How so?" She asks forcing the plate into my hand when I don't immediately take it like she wants me to. "Well when Wally's not flirting with M'gann, he's fight flirting with Artemis, and when he's doing neither he's hanging with me and just being a genuinely nice guy."

"So what's the problem?" My mom continues hesitantly since neither of us have ever had much practice in this area of expertise. "I'm tired of the mixed messages sure I like him, but if he doesn't like me I would like him to stop messing with my feelings and just be my friend."

"And what if he does like you?" I stop unsure of what to say because I've imagined numerous scenarios where we end up together, but never have I ever considered any of them realistic. So I shrug not ready to tell her the truth if I'm not ready to admit it to myself.

"Maybe Wally and I should just stay friends since it's the safest option. I don't have to put myself out there, he doesn't have to close himself off, and our friendship stays intact." However that's not what I want either it seems like no matter what someone's going to get hurt. "But playing it safe is never the option. Where would the world be if you and Wally played it safe on missions?"

"But this isn't a mission... Besides aren't Amazons supposed to be above feelings for guys?" I cry in a huff taking a huge bite of my sandwich.

"In a way yes, but you have spent so much of your life here I think you've developed some human emotions, and that's okay. Back home it's believed that man brought shame upon the world, but here both parties are held accountable for their actions and they both have to give and take. I believe that's where you and Wally are missing something, like you said you're not sure if you're ready for that kinda step, and you're not sure if he's ready to be tied down. But in the end you two will figure this out, and you'll both be okay."

I nod still not sure if I understand completely, but just talking to my mom helps with everything. "However that's not all that's bothering you." She states

I run the mission through my mind instantly going to when I crossed my arms planning on hitting the witch boy with my divine energy like I had been practicing with the team, but something went wrong. I could feel the energy pumping through my body like it was my own blood, but the stronger it got the less control I had. When I finally bust out I had no control, and it not only threw him back but all of my teammates as well.

I had a chance to put the battle on our side, but I ruined it by losing control. Then Wally had to put that stupid helmet on his head, and what if he wouldn't have been able to get out then I would have to live with that for the rest of my life.

I explain all of this to my mom, and I'm in tears when I'm done. "Honey you should've told me the instant you realized something was wrong." Her voice was firm yet soft, and I knew I wasn't in trouble as soon as she pulled me to her chest saying all her words with a hug. "I know, but I was just so scared."

"Has anything else... Weird happened?" She asks almost hesitantly running a shaky have through my hair. I nod gulping down the burning sensation that has taken over my whole body. "Yeah I can fly, I'm really fast, and I'm able to control electricity."

"I guess it's time I tell you the truth then" she sighs pulling back so she can firmly look me in the eyes.

"I haven't been completely honest with you... You were formed from clay, but I was not. My mother conceived me with Zeus, your grandfather, and when I wished for a child he, my sisters and brother gave you life and certain powers that would give you the status of a demigoddess." I gape at her my heart rate slowly picking up with each passing second that she stares at me waiting for be to respond.

Zeus is my grandfather...

I'm a demigoddess...

"I should've told you sooner, so you were better prepared, but I was scared. I don't have powers like you my dear, and after we left I never knew how to approach you about them. I thought I still had time" she apologizes, but I'm hardly processing anything at the second.

"What are my powers exactly?" I ask hesitantly glancing down at my hands the way my friends tried not to look at me as they tried to stand back up from my attack. Why would they give me these powers, surely they've seen that I'm not capable.

"Well you have the strength and durability of the Earth meaning you heal quickly like it. You can fly, run and have the reflexes of Hermes. You have the instincts of a hunter as well as animal empathy, and the wisdom of Athena."

"So what about the divine energy, and what's empathy?" I ask almost positive that I don't have that.

"Your grandfather gave you the ability of electrokinesis, as well as divine energy generation, and energy absorbption. And empathy is the ability to feel someone's emotions, but in your case it's only with animals." I nod throwing myself in her arms before I can say anything else because I'm pretty sure I've heard enough for one night.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

I carefully step into Wally's souvenir room, and surely enough he's staring at the doctor fate have almost like he's having a conversation with Kent himself. "Hey I... I kinda need a friend to talk to right now." He turns around seeming surprised like he thought I would never show my face again.

"What is it you want to talk a about?" He cautiously asks even though I'm positive he already knows. "Well I've been apologizing to the team about... The incident, and I just want to say how sorry..."

"Let me stop you right there, you don't have to apologize. Sure we were all a little freaked out at first, but that's because we weren't expecting it. But everyone understands that powers are hard to control at first, and no one blames you for anything." You would think that all of my fears and worries would wash away hearing what he just said, but there's still a feeling of hesitation pitted in my stomach.

"I also talked to my mom because I think it's obvious that I've gone on to long without telling her what's going on, and it turns out my grandfather is Zeus and I'm a demigoddess." His face morphs into an unreadable expression, and I'm not sure if he's going to freak out on me or runaway screaming.

"Life is so unfair... Everyday you get cooler than me" he laughs and I join in giving him the biggest hug I can muster because while the sinking feeling is still there I've never felt more relieved.

"I know you said I don't have to apologise, but I do. It was selfish to go this long using my powers without any proper training only because I was scared to face the truth. Amazons are designed to be fearless no matter what, and I failed you guys so I'm sorry." I release a breath speaking so quickly I'm not even sure he understands, but one glance up and his soft smile tells me everything.

"Well I decline your apology because it's still unnecessary, and even if Zeus himself created you, you became your own person and that person is allowed to feel fear."