Disordered

Diana's POV

"It's only been a week Bruce, this kind of stuff takes time to get over." I explain never taking my eyes off my daughter's solemn features, not sure at this point if I'm trying to reassure him or myself. "I could say the same to you, Anastasia exerted a lot of power, a power she didn't know she had until a few months ago. It's going to take her time to properly heal."

Dropping my head I squeeze her hand tighter waiting a second for her to respond, but like every other day she doesn't. "It was supposed to be a safe training exercise, I never would have done it if I..."

"You all have to stop blaming yourselves that's why no one's getting better." I sigh finally forcing myself to meet his eyes that I can't actually see, but in all reality that just makes it ten times harder. "You're right, and most of them refuse to talk to Canary about what happened."

"And Robin still refuses to talk to you?" I ask, and if someone was watching they would think I cared more about the boy, but I know that's far from the truth. Bruce just has an odd way of showcasing his emotions. "I'm worried Diana, about all of them of course, but he's also the youngest and he's been through enough."

"Although I never agreed with you getting him in the business at such a young age you've trained him well, and when he's ready he'll come to you." It may seem hypocritical since Anastasia started her training way before Robin, but hers was preparation I never planned on throwing her into the field.

"How's our girl holding up?" I look up to see Canary sitting down on the other side of the bed, but still keeping her space almost afraid she'll intrude. "The doctor says she'll make a full recovery" I sigh and even though I should be excited I can't because the keyword in his statement was should.

I can't raise my hopes just for them to be shot down.

"Remember when you snuck her off the island with you because you wanted all of us to meet her, but we had a last minute mission and thought it would be fine to leave her with Flash? She couldn't have been any older that three" She asks with a chuckle and for the first time in awhile I smile.

"Yeah, I think instead of keeping her out of trouble he helped cause it." I laugh remembering there sheepish smiles. "Someone talking about me?" His normal chipper tone is still there, but there's an odd hesitation and sadness that I can't help but pick up on.

"The rest of the League will be dropping in throughout the day, everyone's really worried." He explains and I numbly nod not sure if I'm ready to face everyone quite yet. "And I've convinced the team to come see her, I think it will help with the healing process." Dinah adds, but at this point I'm back in my own world.

"Did she tell you she came over for family dinner?" I turn to Barry surprise written all over my face because you would think your daughter would tell you stuff like this. "Wally had her over and it was really cute. She was trying to keep her identity a secret, but I knew who she was as soon as my eyes saw her."

"She really likes him..." I sigh still unsure about how I feel about the whole thing especially considering how our family would react to the idea, and I would like Anastasia to be able to go back to Themyscira if she so chooses one day.

"He really likes her too..." He's cut off by the door swinging open, and when I look up Robin and Aqualad are awkwardly shifting in the door. "We can come back later..." The taller boy starts but I shake my head running my hand through her unruly hair one last time, and kissing her forehead only allowing myself to shed a few tears as we leave.

I know she wouldn't want me like this, so for her sake I'm going to at least pretend to be strong. For her and her teammates.

I'm pulled from my thoughts by Dinah ushering us up a set of stairs, and although confused I follow. I drop my head in my hands as soon as I see that it's a secret viewing room. "Isn't this invasive?"