Targets

Anastasia's POV

"Aqualad out." I stop my exercises to join Kaldur slightly curious as to what's going on. "Shouldn't you be in school?" He asks with a quirked eyebrow, but I can tell I'm not in trouble.

"We got out for school improvement, but what was that about?" I ask.

"Red Arrow, he needed our computer, and no he does not need us for backup" he adds quickly when he sees me perk up, but I strut off with a shrug. "And now where are you going?"

"To suit up I have a feeling he's in a little over his head."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"I don't remember ordering a princess" Red Arrow deadpans once he sees me shooting an accusing glare at Kaldur. "Nice to see you too Arrow" I greet even though he's totally ignoring me.

"The last thing we need is..."

"Say the words rookie, princess, or handicap and I'll release the power of the gods on you." I demand, but he's still not phased.

"Just try and stay out of the way" he growls before parting leaving Kaldur and I to blend amongst the crowd, but as the meeting begins I feel someones eyes on me the whole time making me think we're not blending to well. Once I see it's Luthor who keeps giving me hard stares my unease intensifies it's almost like he's studying everything about me.

Kaldur tilts his head to the side, and when I turn to face the source sure enough it's Cheshire in disguise. "That is far enough Cheshire" Kaldur demands catching the attention of several bystanders. I unzip my jacket revealing my armour as Kaldur builds a shield of water giving us a second to compose ourselves.

After that everything goes by in a blur while Aqualad and Red Arrow focus on Cheshire and Sportsmaster I pay attention to moving civilians and protecting them. "Mind if I borrow this?" I ask the panel of diplomats and representatives picking up the table before any of them can respond, and I hover in the air about ten feet before dropping it on six or seven no name assassins.

Another one jumps up from behind the limp bodies and I grab it by the collar easily throwing the person to the side. Another comes at me and I take a three step turn right under there staff grabbing it from their hands as I do, and then using it to knock them down.

I turn to see a spare sword flying to Red Arrow, but he's too busy to even notice it. So I take my tiara and whisk it through the air knocking the sword to the ground just before it stabs him, and I take off at a full sprint my tiara meeting me half way and I catch it easily.

"Hey princess long time no see" Cheshire quips throwing one of her sais at me that I catch, and snap in half just for good measure. "You know I'm tired of people treating my title like a joke" I seethe punching her gut so hard she flies back several feet

"Aqualad let's end this" Red shouts and I think for the first time we've actually agreed on something. I fly over the water forgetting Cheshire, and I pick up the table from earlier using it to shield Lex and company while Kaldur's water beast splashes around. I look up just in time to see assassins jumping through the smoke that just came from nowhere. I cross my arms shooting a short burst of divine energy and all but one falls to the ground, and now I can't knock him down without knocking him into nearby people.

However Luthor's assistants arm comes apart and she shoots him right out of the sky much to my surprise, and just like that it's like I wasn't there at all. I sneak off to the side giving Aqualad and Red Arrow space to to catch up and discuss what happened, but I suppose I didn't pick the best hiding spot.

"That was quite impressive back there." I look up too see Lex towering above me closer than I would like him to be. "Thanks but may I ask what you want?" I question not even attempting to hide the edge in my words.

"I just wanted to say keep up the good work, we'll be watching." And before I can demand more answers after that unsettling statement he's pulled aside by a local news channel, and Kaldur pulls me away as well. "What was that about?" he asks just as concerned and put off as me.

"I'm not entirely sure..."

"Well I hate to admit it, but you totally saved me back there" Red pipes up giving me a smile he usually saves for the guys, but even with that I can't get out of this suddenly dark place. "Don't sweat it saving clueless guys is in my job description."

"It's official you're spending way to much time with Wally" he sighs but he's still smiling the slightest bit proving that we've reached a new understanding.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"Hey Mom, can I tell you something?" I ask pushing my homework to the side Lex's words from yesterday still plaguing my mind. "Of course what is it honey?" She asks cheerfully checking on our dinner, and I hate that I'm about to put a damper on her good mood.

"Well last night while I was on a mission Lex Luthor stopped me and said something... Unsettling" I finish not sure how else to put it.

"What did he say?" She asks hesitantly after a second or two most likely trying to keep herself from freaking out on me. "He said and I quote "I just wanted to say keep up the good work, we'll be watching." She nods oddly calm pulling out the casserole and giving me some before disappearing.

I of course follow her.

"We've been keeping tabs on Luthor for some time we believe he may be apart of something bigger" she says blankly slipping her lasso and tiara into her inside coat pockets much to my confusion. "Are you going to tell me anything else?"

She pauses at the door giving me a long sad stare before running her hands down her face like this is harder for her than it is me. "I'm going to the Watchtower, but I can't tell you anything else until I know for sure."

"It's only my life, but that's okay don't tell me anything..." And then she's gone, and once again I'm left in the dark even though it's my own life.