Drop Zone

Anastasia's POV

"So you've been on two missions so far what do you think?" My mom asks as we set the table for game night. Yes in a way game night with only two people is depressing, but it's always just been my mom and me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Good I suppose, the guys thought they could be bossy on the first mission but I set them straight. Then last night Kid Flash and Robin just kept arguing over who was better equipped to be our team leader." I sigh wincing slightly at the memories of last night.

"Did you guys figure it out?" She asks curiously sitting down with me, and helping me set up our cards. "Once we all agreed that Aqualad was the most qualified it was smooth sailing from there, and I actually saved the team from a sticky situation."

"Really how so?" We both shuffle through our cards while eating the homemade margarita pizza. "Well the hostages kept speaking Spanish and no one really understood except Conner and me because we're both multilingual, so we were able to inform the team they were planning to betray us."

"Well I'm glad you and your friends are coming along nicely. Do you have any fives?" She asks switching the subject back to our game, and I look down seeing that I do in fact have two fives. I could either give them to her suffer from a slow start, or I could lie and hope everything doesn't she through me.

"Here." I toss her the cards and she lifts her hand catching them easily and happily shifting them through her stack. "How's cheer practice going?"

"Good we're a shoe in for regionals, but as of right now we're not in sync enough to go to Nationals. The only thing getting me through practice right now is hanging out with Wally afterwards. Do you have any eights?"

But she doesn't answer me and when I look up over my cards she's staring at me with wide doe like eyes, and I actually think I broke her. "Who's... Who's Wally and how did you meet?"she stutters trying her best to keep her voice even and calm, but goes to pick up her plate and it shatters the second she clasps it.

"Well that's the funny part he's on the team with me and his alter ego is Kid Flash..." My voice halts as she stops picking up the pieces of the plate, but what's even scarier is the way she looks at me. Instead she calmly stands up and walks to me. "I needed to head to the Watchtower later tonight, but I guess I have a reason to go now. Would you like me to drop you off at the mountain so you could spend the night with M'gann?"

I nod slowly accepting the offer and leaving to pack before she changes her mind and actually kills me.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastaia's POV

"Hey Miss. M guess what we're doing tonight?" I cheer jumping into the kitchen clad in my onesie only to see Superboy is with her, and they're both eyeing me like I'm crazy. When she doesn't respond I do while making a huge spectacle of it since I've already made a fool of myself.

"We're having a sleepover!" I exclaim happily my cheeks as red the sea as Superboy continues to look me up and down. Clearly the genomorphs didn't teach him onesies are a necessity that everyone must have. Even I know that.

"Oh okay, but what is a sleepover exactly?" She asks stepping away from the oven curiously looking to me for answers. "Well it's when friends spend the night at one another's house, and do fun activities like truth or dare."

"Sounds fun, are you coming Superboy?" M'gann asks innocently, but I think he notices my extremely uncomfortable face so I  thanked him with a small smile. "Even though I would love to stay up all night with you two and listen to you gossip, I have other things to do."

"So how are you adjusting to the team?" She asks as we head to her room since it's pretty late already. "Good with each mission I think it's going to get easier and easier, but how are you doing?" She shrugs flopping onto her bed a frown arguing with her cheerful eyes.

"Yes and no, sometimes I'm good but other times I'm making a fool of myself" I plop down next to her finding her bed to be extremely bouncy, and I pull her up so she's looking me in the eyes. "You were amazing last night, I wish I had that much control over my powers."

"It's not my powers, I don't know if you've noticed but I keep saying embarrassing things to Superboy. Like my mouth starts to run before I can even consider what's coming out" she admits her frown deepening as she leans on me like a lost puppy.

Hugging her closely I try to find words to make her feel better, but I can't think of anything because I'm not usually the one giving the advice. "First I admit how good he looks in his shirt, and then I complimented his ears. I mean who compliments a person's ears?" She laughs through small tears stressing so much over this that she's feeling two different emotions.

"He has very nice ears" I mumble loud enough for her to hear me, and she shoves me retaliating against my smart mouth. "Nothing makes sense right now, but you can either laugh or cry, and one day you'll realize it turned out okay."

"Do you wanna talk about what's going on with you and Wally?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows as she turns to look up at me, and a blush instantly appears just at the mention of his name.

"No."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Ana I can read your mind" she deadpans sitting up with her arms crossed looking me straight in the eye like she was reading my thoughts. "I think it's obvious that I like him, but it's also obvious that he's interested in you."

"Well let me just set this straight I. Am. Not. Interested. In. Wally." And we both end up chuckling at her bluntness towards the elephant in the room. Slowly our laughing fits die down, and we're just gasping for air. It's odd I never act like this around people, but M'gann is extremely different when I compare her to girls at school. Maybe it's because she's from a totally different world like me.

"You know how you just figured out that you can fly, so you're not very good at it yet?" M'gann asks propping up on her elbows side eyeing me like she's scared she's over stepping. Nodding I too sit up curious as to where she's taking this. "Well maybe I can help you."

I immediately jump off the bed and pull both of us into the long hallway that's wide enough for the both of us even leaving some leeway for if I crash. "Now think of yourself as weightless, convince your mind you can do it and you will." I nod doing exactly that, but I launch myself into the air for a mere second before I fall the the ground.

"We have some work to do."
------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now that you've got the of hang of floating try flying to the end of the hall, and think shout getting there as far as you can." Nodding I step up to our imaginary starting line picturing myself zip to the end of the hall like Wally even though I know it's impossible to go that fast.

Still I have to imagine being weightless and moving like the speed of sound, so I can move normally. I glance down to the ground really hoping I don't crash and burn for the fifth time tonight, and before I can back down I toss myself into the air slipping away so quickly I don't have time to fall.

"How was that?" I shout down the hall once I tap the wall, but when I look back M'gann is standing there with a dumbfounded look of shock. "What's wrong?"

"Anastasia you just flew at a speed I couldn't even imagine reaching. You could probably keep up with Wally if he was lightly jogging." Now it's my turn to look dumbfounded, what exactly is going on with me?