Alpha Male

Wally's POV

"So... Any reason why you didn't go to homecoming?" My head shoots up to glare at my uncle, it's only been a few hours but I knew he was eventually going to question me on the matter. Seeing as Anastasia has been distancing herself purposely, and that she's still in her dress. "No specific reason."

"Do you want to tell me why you and Anastasia aren't talking?" I shrug tossing another pretzel in my mouth because what can it hurt. "Something happened but she won't tell me what, and... And now I feel guilty about not being there."

Before he can interrogate me about why I wasn't there I just spit it out. "This big dim witted Neanderthal took her, I could barely stand the idea of someone else going with her, there was no way I could see it."

"Did you ever think about just telling her that?" I scoff my eyes immediately drifting to her as her mom continues to pamper her much to her annoyance. "I can't..."

"Why not?"

But before I can answer Superboy pounces on Kaldur, and I speed over paying no attention to my surroundings so I of course run right into Anastasia. I quickly stand up offering her my hand, but she shrinks farther away flying the rest of the way over instead.

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among the team, and said nothing." For the first time since last night Ana turns to me hurt and shock reflecting in her blue eyes. "You knew?"

"And didn't tell us" Anastasia and I say together, but while I shout feeling angry she whispers hurt lingering in her tone. "I sought to protect the team..."

"From what, knowledge that might've saved our lives?" Artemis snaps, and I guess that gives Ana more courage to stand against our so called leader, but what she does next surprises all of us even more. "We are a team, a single working unit, and to do so we must blindly trust each other. However I cannot fully judge the situation until I've seen it through your eyes, not to mention only fools make accusations that might tear something apart without visual proof."

"We could've died.." Conner tries to argue once we've all stood in silence for a good minute, Anastasia proudly and firmly standing in front of us with her back sharply turned as if only addressing Kaldur.

"Enough!" Batman demands and we all shut up still fed up, but no longer in the mood to question each other.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"Thank you for standing up for me" Kaldur whispers his normally proud stature slouching the closer we get to the forest. "I wouldn't say I stood up for you, but you are still our leader and I believe for us to continue successfully it has to stay that way."

"I'm not so sure, I feel as if I betrayed..."

"Nonsense, it only feels that way because we are a family, where I come from a team is nothing more than that, a team. A group of warriors not friends, so when a leader must make a hard choice like the one you did no one really cares because they understand where they stand." I explain catching everyone's glares, I guess you can say they're just as upset with me for acting maturely.

"Besides imagine what would have happened if you had told us. We would have torn each other apart with interrogations to the point past repair, at least this way they still stand, against you but they still stand."

"We are here thank you Anastasia." He sighs attempting a smile but I can tell now he is broken. We quickly land and I switch my armour to stealth mode gathering in front of everyone waiting for all of us to layout a game plan.

"Switch to stealth, and we'll lay out perameters." I fiddle with my bracelets nervously as everyone blankly stares at him, and here I am stuck in the middle. "Perameters! We don't need no stinkin' perameters."