Usual Suspects

Anastasia's POV

I walk around the crashed jet only half listening to Robin's explanation on how this happened, and how no one else picked up on it's trace. I sift through the debris finding nothing but various plane parts as odd as it is. "Where are the bodies?" Conner asks, and a sultry voice none of us were suspecting answers.

"Here's one, and it's gorgeous." I roll my eyes at the classic pick up line, but I'm only half focused on her because my eyes are scanning the mountains waiting for her other assassin friends to pop up. "I'm Flora not Fauna, I'm foliage not trees, what am I?" I whip around my eyes locking on the Riddler, Shimmer, and Blockbuster as I take a defensive stance.

The obnoxious villain snaps his fingers and several pylons sprout out of the ground a green force field trapping us in the mountain side. "C'mon you can't get this? I am shrubbery not grass, I..."

"Ambush." Robin finishes coldly turning to look at us to make sure we're ready.

"And you didn't think we'd be tipped that you were on Cheshire's trail? We're tired of your interference, kiddies. This is the end game, ordered from above and executed by their master strategist, moi. Maybe as a bonus I'll pick up the bosses latest obsession, sound good too you Miss Divine?" He teases and I nervously gulp, but I keep the emotions off my face unlike Wally who's practically seething.

"Miss Martian is everyone linked?" Aqualad asks and considering I can here his voice I'd assume so, but I'm still glaring up at the Riddler as if challenging him to try and apprehend me. "Yes."

"You know the rules Riddler, the girl belongs to the boss." Cheshire purrs crouching down as if to get closer to me despite the distance between us. "Go!" He shouts clearly just as fed up as I am.

Instantly I take to the air dodging several of the red beams coming from the apokoliptian armour, and once I get close enough I steal one of the red spears spinning it around repeatedly while taking the three assassins out, ironically with their own weapon.

I nose dive off the cliff throwing the spear so it lands in the gun of a mercenary that Wally just knocked down. As I get closer to the ground another swarm of assassins closes in on me, and without even landing I do a scissor kick knocking the two closest down. I spin around myself doing a turning hook kick the back of my knee lining up perfectly with the poor guys throat.

Another comes up from behind me and wraps both arms around me in a hug. I grab his hands kicking slightly so I can toss him over my shoulder into an awaiting pile of snow. "Divine help Superboy, and get this force field down."

I immediately fly to the first pylon I see and I cross my arms lining the pylon up perfectly, but once I hit it with my divine energy it still looks the same leading me to believe it's from Apokolips as well. "Aqualad these pylons are holding up even against my divine energy."

"Try frying the entire field at once. We're almost done down here." He explains and even though I know what he wants me to do, I can't believe he's willing to take the risk. "But, I haven't done it in months, even then it was hard for me to control."

"Do it." And even though I can't believe he's having me do this I stop arguing since he's probably still fighting bad guys himself.

Please grandfather you gave me this gift, so let me harness it. I knock my bracelets together both encircling with lightning, and I pull them apart and circle them around each other admiring the silvery static that almost acts alive.

But I actually have to use it so I close my eyes taking a second to collect myself because the last thing I want is to electrocute my entire team, and when I'm ready I cross my arms shaking slightly at the pressure that builds up as several lightning bolts shoot from my bracelets and hit the green sphere.