Performance

Anastasia's POV

"And Dailyn Danger!" The crowd cheers as I take off running doing a roundoff, three backhandsprings and a double back tuck to end it the crowd now full on screaming. I pivot around doing an ariel back to the center, and once Conners hands are clear he hoists me up into a rewind full around balancing me on his one hand.

"Why can't we switch rolls so I can lift Superboy?" I internally groan while still smiling at the audience. "Yeah, because a lanky girl lifting a solid guy three times her size isn't suspicious." Roy snaps back. I flip off in a layout secretly using my flight to land gracefully, but honestly no one can tell.

I'm halfway through another tumbling pass when M'gann screams for Robin over the telepathic link. I stand up with a nice salute to the audience, but my eyes are drawn upwards as Rob comes crashing down.

My instincts kick in and I fidget about to take off flying so I can catch him, but his voice stops me like he was watching me the whole time. "Don't blow our cover!" So I stand there unable to force myself to look away from the unfolding scene, but what else am I supposed to do.

"I can save your life." And Superboy throws one of his barrels with enough force that it catches Robin shooting him back up to M'gann, and after an odd pause he latches on to her hand. I inhale deeply knowing my friend is hanging on for now.

I just hope I don't get sick.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

I listen to my friends bicker their voices sounding like faint whispers through my painful headache, and I press on the damp cloth desperately wanting to get rid of this fatigue and pain. "I told you to keep an open mind!" Rob declares swiftly exiting the room, and I try to sit up to go after him but Red keeps me down.

"You need to rest." And I just sink back down finding it painful and difficult to fight against even him. "Hello Megan, I'll read Haley's mind."

"I'm not sure we can trust you to do that without tipping him off." I wince their voices changing from whispers, to shouts, the echoes in my head amplifying everything."Or maybe you don't trust her period." I really want to step between the two because their hotheaded bickering is the last thing I want or need to listen too.

"I heard you talking to Robin and Divine back in the cave, I know you're only here to spy on the three of us." And now I want to tell them I don't think any of them are moles, but not even words want to work right now. "There's a mole on this team and good reasons to suspect all three of you. Both Artemis and Miss. Martian have already been caught in lies, and you could be programmed by Cadmus without even knowing."

Although I appreciate Roy's concern I think he's taking it to far. Artemis and M'gann acted out of insecurities, and if Conner was programmed by Cadmus I think we would have found out by now. M'gann quickly ushers Conner out after a few more choice words are shared, and I silently thank her for stopping whatever that was.

"None of us are perfect, but we would give our lives for this team so try to keep an open mind. I'll be back in a bit I'm going to try and find more blankets for Dailyn." Artemis leaves too, and I can faintly hear Roy groan as he plops down across from me.

"She's right you know." I whisper surprised he even heard me.

"About what?" He asks making sure to keep his voice quiet and even for my sake.

"About the team, I trust all of them as should you. You can't fight bad guys if you're looking over your shoulder every five seconds at your teammates." I explain my voice still faint like a bell.