Misplaced

Anastasia's POV

"Don't forget we got groceries!" I exclaim holding the box easily, but still making sure to be careful. After all it has only been four days, and despite my enhanced durability I still have to take things slow especially with my mom and the team hanging over me.

"Anastasia please be careful" my mom pleads drawing out her words, and putting emphasis on careful. "Mom I'm lifting a box of food" I deadpan, but while I'm distracted a gust of wind blows by me, and when I focus back on my hands the box is gone. "Seriously Wally?" I ask glaring at him from across the room as he stands proudly with the box in his hands.

"What's with all the baking stuff?" He asks disregarding my question to shuffle through the box. "M'gann said she'd help me get better at baking since I've been benched from doing practically anything else." I scoff turning to see my mom is already glaring at me with a don't test my patience look.

"I don't think M'gann can help your culinary skills..." Robin tries to interject but I cut him off. "I'm not that bad just ask Wally." However calling on him probably just proves his point because Wally would eat anything if he was that hungry.

"Remember that time you tried making brownies, but instead of using two cups of sugar you only used one because you wanted them to be semi healthy?" My mom interrupts again smiling down at me, but I just drop my head into my hands.

"Mom please..."

"Or the time you used a metal mixing bowl on the stove?"

"I was ten..."

"Ooo how about when you forgot to soften the butter before mixing it in, so you put the entire bowl in the microwave and it came out half way baked?"

"Okay Mom that's enough embarrassing stories for today" I laugh nervously nudging her so she'll hopefully stop talking. I look up as Artemis and Zatanna join our group everyone looking a lot better than they did even yesterday. "It's fine I can only cook with magic" Zatanna chuckles suspiciously eyeing me as Wally intertwines our hands, reminding me this is the first time she's been to the cave since I woke up.

I open my mouth to respond however freezing as the boxes crash to the floor, and my mother's hovering presence disappears. Spinning in a circle I can see the other adults in the room are missing as well. "Dad!" Zatanna shrieks flying over to where he was just standing while I blankly stare at the spot my mom was in.

"Mom?" I whisper as Wally wraps me up in a hug my eyes still never leaving that spot. I literally just woke up, and now she's gone. Can we ever have a normal day?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"There's a group of kids three blocks from you that tried to call 911. Based on what I can see it looks like they got into a car crash." I explain over the comm Wally immediately jumping into action to help, so I quickly move on getting a lot of distress signals from all over Happy Harbor.

"We've set up a refugee center at the local highschool. Any luck with..."

"No." Robin interrupts clicking harder on the poor keys the longer this goes. "Can't reach the Batcave, the Hall of Justice, or the Watchtower." I spare a quick concerned glance, and sure enough his face is contorted with defeat and anger.

I quickly turn back to my screen when he catches me sending more coordinates to Conner and M'gann like nothing happened. "Well I guess we're on our own... Kid Flash out." I run my hand through my hair blinking quickly as my eyes start to blur and lose focus. Who knows how long we've been doing this.

"Traditional media is offline, but kids worldwide are all posting the same thing. All adults eighteen or older had disappeared. The sorcery to pull this off, scary big." She explains nervously glancing between us waiting for a response, but I don't know what to say.