Auld Acquaintance

Wally's POV

"Stay off your radios, let the super cycle track Superboy. Instruct her to mask all signals, we can't afford to let the Justice League to track us." The more human looking Tornado, or John Smith, explains. "Right, but one question... Why is the Justice League trying to attack us?!?" I shout because there's got to be a reasonable explanation... Right?

"The entire League is under the complete mental control of Vandal Savage. Red Arrow seems to have been his means. His method was something Savage refered to as Starro-tech, an alien bio-organism infused with nanotechnology and magic. It shuts down the minds autonomy allowing Savage to reprogram the individual to suit his needs."

If the entire league is under control then Anastasia is not safe like Batman said. Either she's being mind controlled too, or she's being held hostage. "What about Ana, is she alright? Is she..."

"I hate to report but Divine is also under Vandal Savage's control." My world slows down and Red Tornado's words knock the wind out of me because even with that what if Savage was the one that's been after her this whole time, and now she's under his control.

"This Starro-tech it worked on super powered humans, four flavors of alien, an android, even Doctor Fate? Defeating all of you without a fight?" Robin questions the shock clear across his domino mask, and I can tell he's just as worried about Anastasia as I am. "Indeed, a remarkable achievement. One not easily countered."

"Remarkable? More like terrifying, how are we supposed to take the entire league down?" I shout, but in the back of my mind I'm more worried about Ana. Who knows what Savage has her doing. "Miss Martian, are you in range?" Rob asks holding his comm, and the bio ship de-camouflages right above us pulling us in.

"Okay we need to compare notes." Rob demands both of us glaring at Roy, and I'm half tempted to hit him a hundred times in the lapse of a five seconds. However Kaldur steps between us silently telling both of us to knock it off.

"They have Ana." Robin explains his voice low and full of tension, but my eyes are still on Roy. "We know, Red Arrow told us Savage has a partner that wants an Amazon army, and he plans on using Ana and Wonder Woman to get to them." Now I'm fuming ready to throw myself on who I thought was my friend, but when I see his slouched posture and guilty persona I freeze.

"And it's all my fault..."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wally's POV

Uncle Barry knocks me down, and I'm still trying to grasp the idea that they're fighting us when Artemis helps me stand. "I'm amazed we're still alive." She breathes as we stare at Green Arrow, Flash, and Aquaman across from us.

"They're being controlled." I growl out glaring at the witch boy as he happily gives our mentors and loved ones orders. "They're limited by whoever's pulling their strings, so the very thing putting us in danger is the only thing giving us a chance." I explain still concerned that I haven't seen Anastasia anywhere.

Maybe it's possible she escaped or... Maybe she's already gone...

"Artemis, Kid!" Aqualad shouts through the link both of us turning to see he's shutting the door, and based on how he's eyeing the hanger door switch I know what he wants to do. "Now!" Artemis shoots a grappling hook arrow at the wall both of us clutching her bow, and I can only imagine how much she's enjoying this.

My grip tightens once the door opens my feet flying off the ground, and I just hope Kaldur can close it time so none of them get decapitated. However just as soon as it started the immense winds pulling us stop, and Artemis and I crash to the ground.