Schooled

Anastasia's POV

"You may be able to beat Kaldur, but I'm oddly, amazing at this game" I tease blowing on my puck playfully while awaiting Wally's cocky comeback. "Maybe against normal people, but you must of forgotten Miss Divine that I have superspeed." And there it is.

"Just play you two" M'gann whines impatiently waiting to play the winner of our round which will obviously be me. I place the puck down gently shooting it across the table to him, but before it even reaches him it's coming back at me and I hit it without even thinking of where it's going.

This goes on for awhile I'll hit it gently, then he'll whack it back down to me at an alarming speed, and my arms take over lightly pushing it back to him before I can even think of what to do. "Okay how the heck are you doing that?" He shouts in exasperation throwing the puck down instead of hitting it back to me.

"Doing what?"

"Anastasia, Wally was using low levels of his superspeed to beat you, but you didn't even seem phased" M'gann interjects looking at my hands then up to my face curiously, but that can't be right. Sure Amazons have enhanced reflexes, but I shouldn't be able to keep up with Wally even at low speeds.

Then again I think I established that I'm not a normal Amazon after the whole Twister debacle. I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't even notice Superboy stomp his way through our game table, and I barely notice Black Canary, Manhunter and my mom enter the room.

"Anastasia is something wrong?" She asks admiring grandma's silver crown placed on my head thinking of her like she does everytime she sees it. "I don't think so, but I do need to talk to you after training." I look at my outfit finding the long silver W across my red armour daunting. Honestly the entire look makes me feel like a fraud my crown placed on my head instead of my forehead, my red armour top hiding under the navy jacket, stretchy leather pants, and a metal silver belt finishing the two.

It's like I asked to copy her homework and she agreed, but I had to change it a little so no one would notice. However she got the A and I got the C-

And trust me everyone noticed...

"Gather around class is in session." Black Canary speaks up and I gratefully pull away from my moms worried gaze needing a little space from her eyes that look straight through me. "Now combat is all about controlling conflict, putting the battle on your terms you should always be acting never reacting. Now I'll need a sparring partner."

Wally being Wally instantly volunteers striding up to her still eating his banana acting like Canary is every other teacher. "After this I'll show you my moves." My fist instantly tightens at my side at how nonchalant he is, does he have a disorder where he can't help but flirt with girls even if they're years older than him.

"Is that Wally?" My mom whispers in my ear her voice unconvinced like she's hoping it's not. He lands a solid block but as he's distracted she swipes him right off his feet, and I inwardly applaud her because someone needed to do it. "Yes sadly it is" I sigh going over the group so I'm standing by Robin.

"Did anyone see what he did wrong?" She asks helping him up as he dramatically rubs his arm as if it actually hurt. "Ooo ooo, he hit on teacher and got served?" Robin asked but the way he looked at me from the corner of his eye made me think it was a warning to Wally.

"He allowed me to dictate the terms..."

"Ah please, with my powers the battle is always on my terms. I'm a living weapon, and this is a waste of my time." Here we go again, whatever happened in Metropolis must've left a sour aftertaste in his mouth because he hasn't actually acted like this in awhile.