Four: Turning Over A New Leaf Pt.1

Sitting at the round table with lawyers and witnesses, Jazmine felt uncomfortable

Everyone sitting around looked intense and she felt that maybe Dave might have stepped into a storm.

It had been 3 months since he asked for her help. After the 2nd day, Jazmine helped him to get a restraining order against Aaliyah on Jaliyah. Now they are working for him to get sole custody but everyone keeps bringing up his past.

Aaliyah had even went so far as to report Dave for Kidnapping, somehow, the media didn't find out about his daughter yet but there was suspicions they just knew it.

"Well Mr.East, although you may be working to clear your name, your heavy issue is your anger. Let me put it to you like this, you're another big angry black man."

"But I have witnesses that are proof that I've changed." Dave sighed.

"And the public has proof of your anger and attitude. That outweighs any witnesses. You're fighting a sworn of bees here Mr.East."

"But my client has put in effort to make sure his daughter is okay. He would never put his daughter in harm's way. His baby's mother is trying to take poor Jaliyah away from him , across the country for some man she barely knows. Shouldn't someone check into the living arrangements? I mean it is a little girl at risk we are talking about who is going to be living with an enstranged man! How would you feel if you were in my client's shoes? What if your daughter was around some man you have no earthly idea about and in a home you have no knowledge about?" Jazmine stood up.

The room growled with mummor and nodding heads and pens scribbling down on paper.

"Bitch you don't know me! He's only fucking you for the moment." Aaliyah spat, literally.

"Look, is this the woman you want to raise poor Jaliyah? Someone who spits on people and cannot be professional? It's true my client was like that at one point of time, but we have all seen his progress over the months. From his day to day life to his interviews and work. He was allowed back into the NFL and has even been the talk about being drafted. Who may watch his daughter while he plays games? Well as I said he has been thinking about playing football, but he has also been thinking of going to do a 9 to 5 for the sake of his daughter. He has family members who will be with him every step of the way to help uprbing his daughter until she is of age to start school."

Everyone nodded.

The judge stood up.

"Court is adjourned until December 3rd."

"Three weeks?! I have a plane to catch, I need a sooner date like tomorrow! I don't have time for this shit! My baby doesn't need to be with her daddy, she needs me!"

"You would like a sooner verdict is that right, Ms. Carter?"

"Hell yes!" Aaliyah slammed her folder on the table as her lawyer tried to calm her down.