Twenty-Eight: Mommy Mode

Three weeks later

Jazmine laid in bed as she cramped up. Vince had gone to get her , her medicine and Jabari was just a crying in his bassinet, being spoiled. Jazmine couldn't move, the stitches in her stomach bothered her.

Somehow, the stitches had set up an infection in Jazmine and even came out, so she went and had to get them put back in and they were so painful.

Chase ran into the room and slung himself on the bed, "Teetee, can I play with baby to stop him crying?"

"Where's your daddy?" Jazmine gritted through her teeth.

"He sleep." Chase shrugged.

"Go wake him to come here please baby."

Chase jumped off the bed and ran down the hall to his father's room, jumping on top of him.

"Daddy, Teetee need you." Chase slapped and squished his father's cheeks together.

"What you doing C?" MaCartier rolled over , making Chase fall off of him on to the other side of the bed.

"Teetee needs you like now." Chase pointed before running back to Jazmine's room.

"Daddy is wake." Chase announced.

Jabari was steady crying and Jazmine was steady in pain. She could out curse a sailor right about now.

"What's wrong Mookie?" MaCartier laid in front of Jazmine.

He wiped her tears.

"It hurts so bad, I can't even move and Jabari keeps crying." Jazmine cried.

"Here let me call Vince and see how much longer until he gets home and you rest. I got lil man." MaCartier got up and grabbed Jabari.

Jazmine, thankfully, had some milk pumped and in the fridge.

"Thank you." She cried and laid back down.

Taking some diapers and wipes, MaCartier cracked her door and went to his room where he used Chase's old bassinet to lay Jabari in until his bottle was ready.

As the bottle warmed, he dialed up Vince.

"Hello?" Vince answered.

"Aye man, J might have to go to the hospital, she can't even move." MaCartier sighed, checking the temperature of the milk.

"Man, I just got her medicine. I'll be home in about ten minutes." Vince sighed.

"Aight. Hopefully that medicine works."

"Yeah, she just can't breast feed anymore for like two months." Vince read the instructions.

"Aight, I'm feeding Jabari so come through the back."

"Aight."

They hung up.

Chase rushed to MaCartier's bedroom and looked at Jabari as he now cooed while chewing on his hand.