Trip to SC!

Sam's POV

Sunday, June 14, 2015

3 PM   

"Family meeting! Be downstairs in five minutes!" Donna yelled. Brenda, Laura, Melody and I looked at each other. Brenda shrugged. We went downstairs and sat on the couch, waiting on everyone else. By the time everyone got downstairs, Donna was standing in front of us.

"Is something wrong mama?" Brenda asked. She was leaning on my chest with my arms around her.

"No, nothing's wrong. Pa and I wanted to know if, you were ready to go back to South Carolina?"

"Um, I don't know mama. What for?"

"The family reunion."

"Um, I guess so. I'd love to show Sam around out there, since he's never seen it." Brenda answered looking up at me. I nodded. "And see the family."

"Okay, well, we are leaving early tomorrow morning. All of us are going, you too Melody. Your family is going to be there."

"Awesome."

"Okay, everyone needs to start packing."

"Wait, what do we need?" Brenda asked.

"Um, bring a few bathing suits, 7 pair of pants/shorts, underwear, shirts, towels, flip flops and tennis shoes. Uh, pillows, blankets, food. We'll go to the store and buy some in a little while. Girls, bring at least two dresses and boys, bring some dressy shirts and pants. What ever you think you might need."

"Alright, do you know what we'll be doing when we get there? And how long are we staying?" Brenda asked.

"Well, the first day we are going to granny Bills old church to eat and visit with the family. Then,the whole family is going to the lake for a day. Then, we are just going to stay in a hotel for four days that is near the lake. Y'all can go fishing, swimming, boating and a few other things. All in all, we'll be there for a week."

"Oh, okay."

"Start packing!" Pa said enthusiastically. Brenda laughed and pulled me up. We went upstairs to our rooms. As I was in the middle of packing, Laura called my name.

"What, Shorty?" I called back. Her head popped out of her room and glared at me as I was walking towards her room.

"I need you to get something for me." She answered.

"Sure, what do you need?"

"Can you get my hat off the top shelf in my closet?" She asked. I laughed.

"Yeah." I got her hat and handed it to her. "Here,"

"Thank ya, Sam!"

"You're welcome Shorty!" I went back in my room to finish packing.  

Brenda's POV

I got my purple suitcase, of course, and went to my closet.

"God I really need to go shopping." I said, because I can't find anything good to take.

"Why don't you call Kurt and ask him if he wants to go shopping with you." Melody suggested. I nodded. I got my phone out and dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kurty. Are you busy?"

"Not at the moment, why?"

"Would you like to go shopping with me today? I need some new clothes."