Sick

Brenda's POV

Everyone is on the bus, on the way back from Breadstix. Sam has been really quiet, since getting on the bus after we found out we won. I had asked him a few times, but all he would say is,

"I'm fine, B. Don't worry about me." And he'd smile at me. I sighed giving up. He stayed quiet pretty much the whole time we were at Breadstix, and he barely ate anything. I drove home, and when we got there, he immediately went up to his room and changed into some more comfortable clothes and went back down to the living room, curling up on the couch. He must be really tired. I thought while I was taking a shower. I washed my hair and face really good to get the makeup off and hair spray out. I got out, dried off, dried my hair with a towel and put my clothes on. Well, they're actually Sam's shirt and a pair of his plaid pajama pants. I cleaned up my mess in the bathroom and went back downstairs, where Sam was still curled up on the couch, watching T.V. Stacy and Stevie had fallen asleep in the recliner together, Dwight and Mary were on the love seat, Melody and Laura were on the other love seat, Mama and pa were in the bed, so was Laura, she was in her crib, and Chord was on the other end of the couch Sam was on.

"Hey, Squishy." I said sitting next to Sam.

"Hey." He didn't sound right.

"You alright?" I asked, leaning against him, my head on his arm. He lifted his arm a bit and I moved my head so he could move his arm. He put it around me and now my head is on his side.

"Just tired, B." He said. His voice sounded different. It sounds like he's talking from his nose. I sat up and looked at him. His eyes were half closed. I smiled.

"Come on, babe, lets go to bed." I said, standing up and holding out my hand. He got up slowly, taking my hand.

"Good night everyone." I said. Sam followed me like a zombie. We got to his room and he got on his bed after taking off his shirt and pants. he was just in boxers now. What? It's not weird. At least he doesn't sleep naked like Kevin used to. I shivered just thinking about it. I layed down beside him, and put my head on his chest, pulling the covers up. After a few minutes of silence, I noticed that Sam was shivering and that his chest was hot.

"Are you feeling okay Sam?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just cold." I got up and got another blanket. I took the first one off of him, which he was confused by, and I put the thick blanket over him, then I put his other blanket on him.

"Better?"

"It'll be a lot better if you came back over here." He said cheekily. I smiled and got back in the bed with him, snuggling into his chest.

TIME SKIP

When I woke up, Sam wasn't in the bedroom. What woke me up, was the sound coming from the bathroom. It sounded like someone gagging, then puking. Which is exactly what it was. It lasted for a few more minutes, and when it stopped and Sam didn't come out, I started to get up to check on him when the door opened and he stepped out. He had his pants and a shirt on again. He looked at me, and just walked back over to the bed, sitting back down beside me. He put his head in his hands. I rubbed his back.

"You okay now?" He shook his head.

"Don't feel good." He said. Well, more like croaked. I sighed and stood up. I went down stairs into the kitchen, got some Tylenol and the thermometer. He was in the bathroom again when I came back up. I ran a hand through my hair, sitting on the bed. He came back and sat next to me on the bed. I took his temperature, and it's 102.5. I fought back a groan and gave him the two Tylenol.

"Come on, lets lay back down." We laid back down, and I was laying on my back, and Sam was laying on his side, his head on my chest. I ran a hand through his hair until his breathing evened out and he fell asleep.

TIME SKIP

When I woke up, Sam was awake, but he was just lying still. I moved my hands and rubbed my eyes, to get the sleep out.

"Morning Babe." I said, running a hand through his hair again. He didn't say anything, he just grabbed my free hand. He was curled up against me, under both covers. He closed his eyes for a second but then opened them again. I put my hand on his forehead, and he was really hot."You're not feeling any better are you?" He shook his head." Do you want to go downstairs? Or stay up here?"

"Downstairs." He said. He leaned up and froze for a minute before getting up and running to the bathroom. I heard him start puking and I cringed, just thinking about it. He came out a few minutes later after brushing his teeth. I grabbed his hand and led him downstairs. Chord was laying on the floor watching T.V, Mercedes beside him, Laura on the other side of her. Finn, Puck, Mike, and Jake were also on the floor, leaning up against their girlfriends knees. Ryder and Melody were on the love seat, Mama was at work, so was Dwight and Pa, and Mary and the twins were gone. Everyone watched us as I laid down on the couch, and Sam laid down on his back between my legs, covering himself with the thickest blanket he could find.

"What's wrong with you bro?" Finn asked. Sam just mumbled something, and you couldn't hear or understand what he said.

"He doesn't feel good. He's thrown up...What, two times?" I asked. He held up five fingers." Five times? Why didn't you tell me?" I felt him shrug. I rolled my eyes. He fell asleep and we talked for a little while and then everyone left, except for Melody, Laura, Mercedes and Chord. Duh. Sam had woken up a couple of times to go puke but now he's asleep again, on the end of the couch and I was at the other end of the couch.

"Well, we gonna go shopping! By bae!" Melody said and her and Laura left, leaving Sam, Chord, Mercedes and I.

"I'ma go take a shower, Cedes." Chord said. He kissed her and went up stairs, Mercedes watching him the whole time. Immediately, slid to the floor and sat across from her.

"We need to start planning for their birthday." I said.

"I know girl! It's their 18th birthday in a few weeks." I nodded.

"I don't know what to get them though, especially Sam!"

"You could always right him a song?" She suggested.

"Yeah! It can be like, a duet that you and me could sing for their birthday." I said enthusiastically. She nodded. And I'm going to buy him something too, I thought. We started talking about what we were going to do but after we had a this huge list, Sam woke up. He grabbed the trash can beside him and puked into it. When he finished, he put it back on the floor and rolled onto his other side. He groaned and a few minutes later started snoring again. We giggled.

"I feel bad for him. He's been through so much, and I want to make this the best birthday ever. Chord too." Mercedes nodded in agreement.