Win or Lose?

Third Person POV

The New Directions were on stage long with the other two clubs. They had already announced who third place was and they were about to announce the winner.

"And the winner is..." Carrie said. "New Directions!" All three judges said at the same time. Sam was the first to hug Brenda.

"I can't believe it!" He yelled over the noise.

"Why?"

"I don't know!" She laughed at him and watched as he and Finn chest bumped. She expected him to fall flat on his butt, so did other people that were watching, but he didn't. She smiled. After the New Directions sat down in the audience, the three judges were standing on the stage. They all h ad a mic in their hands.

"Now, we are doing something a little different!" Carrie yelled into the mic. The audience cheered. "We, the judges, are going to tell you all what our favorite performance from the New Directions was. Chris?"

"I liked them all, but the duet between the blond dude and the brunette was great." Sam snorted. The blond dude and the brunette. Brenda looked at him and laughed to.

"Blake?"

"I agree with Chris. They were all wonderful but the last one was amazing."

"Same here, Blake, Chris. I loved them all but the duet stood out. And I don't think Alan would want you to call his niece and her boyfriend 'the blond dude and the brunette.'" Carrie said. Chris made a face.

"I don't know your names, well, Sam's I know but I don't know the girls name. Speaking of you two, can you come up here?" Brenda and Sam looked at each other and walked hand in hand to the stage. Sam, being the gentleman he is, picked Brenda up bridal style and carried her up the stage. He put her down and wrapped his arms around her waist. She giggled at him as the audience awe'd. He grinned.

"What's your name?"

"Brenda."

"I like that name. And Sam is short for Samuel right?" She asked Sam.

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh, so you're a country boy, huh?"

"Yes, ma'am. I was born and raised here."She raised her eyebrows.

"You look like-"

"Paul Overstreets son Chord?" Carrie nodded, smiling. Sam looked around and saw Chord nodding at him to tell her. "Were brothers."

"Do you mean like really good friends or actual brothers?" Blake asked.

"Both, like, legit." Brenda looked at him.

"Why do you keep saying legit?" She asked. He looked at her and shrugged.

"I don't know. I just like saying legit." She giggled. She looked at the audience and made a face. She twirled her finger around her ear saying that he was crazy. He mocked her and she elbowed him in the stomach. The audience laughed. He wrapped his arms around her again and kissed her shoulder. He didn't care if anyone saw him loving on his girlfriend.

"So, you and Chord are really related?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Huh, that's weird. Anyway,was that an original song?"

"Yes, ma'am." Brenda said.

"Who wrote it?" Blake asked.

"I did, sir." Brenda said.

"Alright, you don't have to be all formal. Both of you."

"Sorry, sir. That's how I was raised." Sam said.