Bored and Babysitting

Third Person POV

It's been a month since the family reunion and the Glee club had been coming over to Brenda's house everyday. Today, they weren't going to come until later that day, and it's around 10 AM. Sam and Brenda were sitting in the living room. That is, if you call it sitting. Brenda was laying on her stomach, on the coffee table. She was swinging her legs around and was looking at Sam. Sam was on his back on the floor, his legs on the couch and his butt was up against the front of the couch. He kept reaching up, trying to touch his toes, whereas he didn't succeed. He almost did a back flip a couple of times.

"I'm bored...." Brenda whined.

"Me to..." It got quiet, then Brenda's phone rang and apparently, it scared Sam because he did do a back flip.

"Whoa! That wasn't supposed to happen!" Brenda snorted and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

Brenda's POV

"Hello?"

"Hi, Brenda. It's Kelly."

"Oh, hey girl! How are you and Kelsey?"

"We're good. Can you do me a favor? I mean, you don't have to do it."

"Yeah, sure. What's the favor?"

"Well, I got another job interview, for a better job, and I don't have a babysitter. Could you watch her for a little while?"

"Oh, yeah sure! Sam and I would love to see you and her again!"

"Okay, great! I'll be there in about 15 minutes."

"Alright, drive safe. Bye!"

"Bye!"

"Who was that, B?" Sam asked. I looked at him.

"Really? You didn't hear me when I said you and Kelsey? Never mind. We're babysitting Kelsey for a little while."

"Oh,awesome!" The next thing I know, mama came in the house with my cousin's L.J., Kiley, Jasmine, Buddy, Jacob,and Kevin. (There are a lot of Kevin's in our family). I squealed as Jacob jumped on me. He started giving me kisses all over my face. I laughed and stood up. I hugged the rest of them and then turned to Sam, who was, again, laying on the floor, butt up against the front of the couch, his legs in the air, trying to touch his toes.

"Alright y'all, that weird boy right there is Sam, Sam, these are my cousins L.J, Kiley, Jasmine, Buddy, Jacob and Kevin." He looked at them and waved. Then he went back to trying to reach his toes.

"Sam, baby, what are you doin'?" Mary asked coming into the living room, Sandy on her hip, the twins beside her, and her pocket book over her shoulder. He looked at her, his tongue still stuck out since he had been concentrating.

"I don't know. I'm bored." I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Well, if you two are bored, then why don't you watch the twins, Sandy and the other little ones while Mary and I go shopping?" Mama asked. Mary nodded, and put Sandy in my arms. Before we could say anything they were out the door laughing.

"What have we got our selves into, Sam?" He shrugged. I looked at the kids, then I looked at Sandy who was holding her hands out to him. I bumped his hip with mine to get his attention.

"Hm? Oh, come here Sandy!" He picked her up and held her with one arm and started tickling her with his free hand. She started giggling. The doorbell rang and I jogged to the door. I opened it and a few seconds later I felt something on my leg. I looked down and smiled. I picked Kelsey up and hugged her back. I set her down and hugged Kelly. She looked at her watch.

"I would stay and talk a few minutes but I don't want to be late. Bye baby." She bent down and kissed her cheek.

"Bye mommy!" Kelsey then grabbed my hand.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." She ran back to her car as fast as she could while wearing heels. I picked Kelsey up and took her to the living room. I laughed when I saw the situation Sam was in. Kevin and Jacob were hanging onto Sam's arms like monkeys. L.J. was on his shoulders. Buddy was hugging his stomach, Kiley and Jasmine (They're twins) were hugging each of his legs. Stacy and Stevie were sitting on the couch playing with Sam's phone and Sandy was sitting in between them looking around. I took a picture and then, one by one, plucked a kid off of him.

"How did that happen?" I asked laughing. He looked at me with a serious face.

"I have no idea. I was just standing there, after I put Sandy down, then the next thing I know, they were all on me!" He exclaimed. I laughed again. I patted him on the shoulder and said,

"If I were you, I'd go put on your jock strap." His eyes widened and he ran up the stairs, taking three at a time. I laughed and turned to the kids.

"So, what do y'all want to do today?"

TIME SKIP

Two long hours later, there had been three drink spills, a broken lamp, a trail of water from the kitchen to the living room, toys everywhere, marker drawings on the floor and wall, candy stuck in my hair, ten sleeping kids and a groaning Sam. We moved the kids up stairs and then collapsed on the couch, Sam holding his junk.

"I figured this jock strap would help but nope!" Sam whined. Those kids jumped on him a couple times, their little knees landing on his junk.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that." I said, trying not to laugh. I'm a pretty good actress so it's easy. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"It's alright." I smiled at him and he smile back with his big goofy smile. I leaned in, so did he, and just when our lips were about to touch, we heard Sandy start crying. Sam groaned and got up. He went upstairs, then came down with a now calm Sandy. She was just staring at him and smiling. He sat beside me and held her up on his knee and it looked like she was standing.

"She missed her big brother, didn't she?" I asked tickling her stomach. She giggled. Then, she just started staring at Sam. "Why does she stare at you like that?" He shrugged.

"I don't know. Why do YOU stare at me like that." I smacked his arm blushing.

"Shut up!" He chuckled and said,

"Don't deny it. I know when you're staring at me. And don't worry I stare at you sometimes too." He winked. I gasped and smacked him again, which made Sandy laugh. 

"Stalker!"

"You're a stalker too, B."

"Nope!" The door opened and Melody and Ryder walked in. They started to come into the living room but stopped.

"What the hell happened in here?" She exclaimed.

"Ten kids happened, Mel. We're babysitting ten little kids." Sam yawned.

"Ha ha, sucks to be you. Where are they now?"

"Up stairs asleep."

"They're in our room, aren't they?" Melody asked me.

"Some of them are." She groaned.

"We'll be in the kitchen."

"Watch out for the puddle of water!" Sam called. Judging by the thump we heard, someone fell. I got up and looked outside. It was getting cloudy so mama and Mary are gonna be home soon.

"We should start cleaning this up, babe." He groaned. He looked at Sandy then got up. He put her in her bouncy thing and she started bouncing.

"Alright, little girl. You have to sit here while me and B clean up, okay?" He told her. She just smiled at him. We started cleaning and by the time Mary and mama got home, everything was cleaned up.

"Okay, judging by the tired and dirty faces, they made a huge mess, fell asleep, and you had to clean it all up?" Mama asked. Sam and I looked at each other.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." Sam said. Mary laughed and ruffled his hair.