Family Reunion

Brenda's POV

The next morning, mama woke us up by laying in between us.

"Mama!" I groaned, turning around to face her. Sam's ass was still asleep.

"What? Y'all need to get up and get ready. It's already 11 and the reunion at the church starts at four. We have to be there by 3:30." Mama said sitting up. I groaned into my pillow.

"Fine. I'll get Sam up." She nodded and left the room. I leaned back on the pillows and looked at Sam. He was on his left side facing me. He had one arm under his head along with the pillow and the other one was clutching the blanket which was draped over his body. I smiled. I got off the bed and went into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I really need to pluck my eyebrows. I went back into the room and got my makeup bag and got my tweezers. After I did my eyebrows, I went back into the room and saw that Sam still hadn't moved. I heard him snore as I got my dress. It was my new purple one. I got one of my new strapless black bras and underwear and took it in the bathroom with me. I took a shower and shaved my underarms and my legs. After I washed my hair, I turned the water off and squeezed my hair to get some of the water out. I flipped my hair over and wrapped a towel around it, I got out and dried off. I put my underwear and bra on first then I put the dress on. It showed a little bit of cleavage, even though my breasts are terribly big. I know, most girls want big boobs but I don't. I made sure I had it on right and I took my hair out of the towel and brushed it. My hair was naturally curly which is why it's long, if it was short, I'd have an Afro. I really do need a hair cut though. My hair is as thick as a horse's tail, that's what mama tells me. I took my hair dryer out but before I started drying my hair, there was a knock on the bathroom door. I unlocked it and saw that Sam was finally up.

"Good mornin' Darlin! Can I pee?" He asked. I laughed.

"Good mornin' to you too, babe. Yes, you can pee. And while you're in there, take a shower. Keep the door unlocked so I can come in there to dry my hair after you're in the shower." He nodded and ran into the bathroom. A few seconds later I heard the toilet flush, then the water turned on.

"You can come in now!" I heard him yell through the door. I opened the door and picked up my hair dryer. This was beginning to be our morning routine. I dry my hair while he showers. I dried it and the brushed it. I plugged my straightener in and turned it on. As I waited on it to heat up, I got my makeup out of my bag. I got my eyeliner, mascara, foundation, eye shadow and my eyebrow pencil. Sam started humming a song then started singing.

Got my toes in the water,ass in the sand

Not a worry in the world,a cold beer in my hand

Life is good today,life is good today.

"Really, Sam?" I asked laughing.

"Yep! Something 'bout a plane and I don't know the rest!" He sang. I laughed. "My favorite part of the song is 'Audios en vaya con dios.'" I giggled again.

"Mine too." I started humming one of my original songs.

Here's the thing we started out friends

It was cool but it was all pretend

Yeah yeah

Since you been gone

"Is that one of you're songs?" Sam asked. He cut the water off and stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. I nodded. "Who is it about?"

"Jordan. I wrote it after we broke up." I said. He nodded.

"Cool. It sounds good."

"Thanks."