I really wanted to make this one rhyme...

You are my only shade of yellow. 

My clear and sunny day, my patch of sunflowers that wave to me in the breeze. 

You are my dandelion in full bloom and my raincoat that keeps me dry with its matching umbrella.

You are my doodling pen; so many of my works of art were borne by your inspiration,

and you are my note-taking spiral bound notebook, I write about God in you. 

You are the adorable, little ducklings in the springtime and the leaves beneath my feet in autumn. 

In winter you are simply your smile and laugh because some days that's the only sunshine I can find. 

You are sprinkles on cupcakes in fine, bright hues and the beam of a lone flashlight in the dead of night. 

You are the park slide out in the middle of a summer sun. Children find you so amusing and you help them feel lighthearted, awake, and free. 

You are lemons, but not at all because you are sour or acidic. You are lemons because you shine so bright inside and out. 

And you evoke 'silly faces' out of me when I least expect it. 

I only wish to be this same shade of yellow for you whenever possible. 

Sunshine, happy sunflowers, and kisses from only the most optimistic of rain drops.