An Ever-Growing List...but not poetry.

I have realized a lot about myself lately and none of this is poetry, so fair warning...

1. My taste in music is not weird or bland or trash. My taste in music is beautiful and diverse and it is anything but trash. 

2. My favorite song in the entire world is David Gray's Shine. I love all of the versions of the song. Every, single one of them.

3. David Gray is a fantastic musician who is completely underrated. He is so talented and no one seems to even understand this. He has the ability to make every, single one of his songs so unique and distinct. His lyrics are purer poetry than anything I have ever read.

4. I understand why I am so poetic and expressive. The music I was brought up around has influenced so much of my thinking. 

5. Returning to my roots when it comes to the music I listen to, has brought me back down to earth and reconfirmed who I am to myself. 

6. Sometimes friendships that have blossomed later in your life are the friendships that will end up meaning the most to you. 

7. Sometimes those same friendships you develop, will become the strongest bonds, will become the bonds you turn to in times of distress before any earlier relationships you had. 

8. Sometimes it's okay to consider a parent your best friend. 

9. It's usually the best idea to apologize, to take it upon yourself to find someone's apology in their silence, to forgive, to forget, to move on....all to protect yourself from the weight of drama and tension. 

10. Sometimes it's okay to be the person who lets go of everything. 

11. Sometimes it's okay to believe you deserve better. 

12. Sometimes friendships are grey areas. 

13. Finding someone who doesn't stop trying when you do is ideal. 

14. Finding someone who not only makes you laugh when you're down but also lets you cry to them incessantly until all of the twisty emotions have been cried out. 

15. I cannot control my anxiety. I will not allow someone to request that from me. Finding someone who holds my hand and helps me handle my anxiety is ideal. 

16. College is not easy. People were right...I miss high school. 

17. The love I am forging between myself and others these days is more real than it ever has been before. 

18. I have five parents. Right now I am okay with calling my step-mom a parent, right now I get along with my mother. I am lucky to have five caring sets of arms to run into when I feel alone and worn out. 

19. Fighting with my dad is one of the worst feelings ever.

20. Praying is the ultimate means of settling my soul. 

21. The person I NEED to be and the person I WANT to be are slowly becoming the same person. 

22. I need to love. I need to not keep account of the injury. I need to not become provoked. This way my love will not fail and will endure forever. It's time to start doing a better job at that. 

23. Holding your tongue comes in handy, especially when you are angry. It is better to be silent than to say something you do not mean. Come back to the situation later to explain your feelings calmly. 

24. You can't leave things unsaid. Especially not the "I love you's". Just be careful about how and when you say things. 

25. I know a lot more about myself today than I did yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago. Never leave thinking about who you are for a day like tomorrow. Who are you in this moment?

26. Learning to express my emotions is something I need to work on, but I feel I am getting better at it anyways. 

27. My Dad and my S. Dad are extremely similar in more ways than I ever would have imagined. 

28. It's okay to make new friends and it's okay to hang out with those groups separately. 

29. It's okay to be choosy about who you want to hang out with and when, as long as you are spending time with everyone you love while you can. 

30. It's okay to say no. To protect yourself. To make decisions. It's okay to move on. 

31. It's life. Life is life is life is life. It's okay. It's just life.