two

" How far away is it? we've been walking for hours!" Avalon complains as we were in the middle of the forest, slowly making our way to the spring wall

"only another 30 minutes?" I say with uncertainty. Walking in front of her, Jumping over fallen logs and rocks with my knife to cut vines in the way.
we had our leather boots that helped us to not freeze our feet's.
the closer we got the the wall, the snow slowly disappeared caused by the spring collective.

while we walked towards the border I started to hear voices, people talking.
I froze and grabbed Avalon by her collar, pushing us both behind a giant fallen log.
she was confused at first but understood when I placed my finger over my lips, shaking my head so she wouldn't speak.

if a winter guard found us here, Avalon would get kicked out of the kingdom and I would be at risk of losing my throne.

the voices got closer towards us with footsteps of dead leaves crunching and small branches breaking.

"We shouldn't be here Jaemin.." a young boy's voice spoke clear enough for me to hear from behind us, our backs glued on the log.

"Calm down Renjun, we won't stay long, I promise.." Another males voice spoke.

Avalon looked at me confused that two young boys walked on the spring border so freely.
I shrugged my shoulders and slowly took out my bow and arrow from my back, taking out an arrow as well.
Avalon hit my shoulder and shook her head vigorously.

"i'm not gonna shoot them!" I whispered. Shooting them would be cruel and overeacting. I simply wanted to scare them off.

"who's there!" the boy's voice said loudly.

My teeth clasped together as I closed my eyes, thinking in my head that we were dead for.

"what is it Jaemin?" The second boy's voice spoke softly.

"I thought I heard something.." Jaemin's voice replied calmly.

I breathed quietly as I knew the two boys were just on the other side of the log we were hiding behind.

Avalon took out her crossbow slowly and geared up, a serious look on her face.

"We should head back Jaemin.." Renjun replied with a serious tone, he didn't sound as nervous from before.

"yeah.. let's come back tomorrow." Jaemin added and the footsteps went back to where they arrived.

I got up slowly, seeing the backs of two boys, one with light pink hair and the other boy with brown hair.

I wasn't able to see their faces, but they weren't walking towards the kingdom as I hoped.
they were walking toward the spring's border.

they were springs.

"Are they-" Avalon said quietly.

"Springs.." I finished her question with the obvious answer, staring at the boys with confusion and hatred.

"how the hell did they get over the border? are their really no guards either sides?" she said without belief, her eyes piercing at them.

"I have no idea.." I answer with my eyes glued to where the two boys disappeared at.

"we should go back.." I say, my eyes squinted at the two mystery boys that seemed to be from the spring collective.

"Yeah.. lets go.." she answered and started walking back to the kingdom.

I walked quietly behind her still thinking of those two boys.
Jaemin and Renjun.
Before they left they said they would come back tomorrow..

"Avalon.." I said as she turned around to face me.
"yeah?"

"we're coming back tomorrow morning.."

She swallowed hard and looked behind us at the big wall.
"we are going to get killed." she warns, not hiding her fear.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.
"i'm gonna kill any springs that dare to cross my border and stand on my land."

I just love Jaemin sksjdjk

I don't have a specific update schedule, but i'll try to update every Wednesdays?