seven

"Do you have a death wish or something?" I ask him

his cute little laugh made me smile as well.
"You haven't changed that much.. my mistake." he bowed to me with a smirk.

although I hate the spring collective, Jaemin had a way of getting through me.

"Why are you here Jaemin?" I ask in annoyance, wanting an answer.

his smile stayed on his face as he pointed to the wall.

"you have no Idea how beautiful spring really is?..I sit by the cherry blossom trees and read to kill my precious time.." He explained, making me slightly confused.

I had never been to the spring side, but he made it sound like paradise.

I cleared my throat before speaking.
"did you hear about the gathering? all royals are meeting in a few hours." I ask, feeling comfortable speaking about the royal family's to someone I could relate too.

"Yeah I heard.. Also heard about the marriage being decided.." He commented with me rolling my eyes.

"I don't even want to think about it Jaemin.." I replied and sat down on the cold ground.

Jaemin sat just in front of me, a sympathetic look on his face.
"I know how you feel.." he commented, making me look up at him confused.

"You as well?" I ask as he nodded.

"They're speaking about both marriages.."

Jaemin was destined to marry the fall princess, Anya I think is her name.

"I heard amazing things about her.. you should be flattered." I smirked at him which made him smile.

"Yeah, I have too.. but my mind isn't settled on the entire 'you'll be king soon' thing.. it's all overwhelming sometimes.." he picked at the leaves on the ground in front of him.

"when we become king and queen.. we will be able to speak more often and less dangerously." I shrugged as he nodded his head.

"Its a shame Love came into the way of the two collectives.." he sighed, making me nod my head.

as much as I love my father and winter, the entire war was our fault, my father is selfish and cruel which leads to dangerous stuff.

"I agree.." I say flat, hoping he would change the subject.

"That gathering they're planning.. will you be attending?" I ask him, making him look up to me.

"I don't exactly have a choice.. I hear its too make the future couples meet properly before the family's make the decision.." He answered.

my head looked up to the sky when snow started falling slowly, making me smile at the sight.

Jaemin seemed to like it as well, holding his hand out to catch snowflakes only for it to immediately melt.

"Looks like we'll see each other there.." I say, making him nod his head.
"and we'll be able to speak to each other without getting ourselves in trouble.." he smirked at me.

"Yeah.. but it could be risky, if the kingdoms find out that we are friendly towards each other they will start rumours, which will most likely  lead to our futures being jeopardized.." I warn him with a faint frown.

he looked at the ground slightly annoyed.
"The kingdom shouldn't complain about royalty like that.. it makes everything worse.." he stated his opinion so freely, we would never be able to do that to anyone else, it would be called out as informal and not royal speaking.

its funny how our kingdoms have such power over the royals, which is why we have such appropriate behaviour as the leader of the village.

"are you often here?" he asks me, looking around the dark and snowy woods.

"In the forest yes.. but not by the spring border.." I answer.

"We should meet each other here daily.. Get to know one another again.. also with Avalon.. I could bring Renjun with me." he offered kindly, his face glowing as his mind thought about us hanging out together.

I could easily see his positivity towards everything by a glance and a small conversation with him.

"I can't believe I'm saying this.. but having new friends sounds nice.." I admit, shrugging my shoulders.

"Great, be here tomorrow morning?" He gets up from the ground, leaving his hand out for me to grab and get up.

He lifted me up from the ground as I nodded my head.

"I should go before I get caught.." He scratched the back of his neck with an awkward smile.

"Yeah.. I need to go too, I promised my parents I would stay in the castle until they got back.."

"See you tomorrow Luna.." He nods his head and turns around.

I watched him get over the wall safely before walking back home.

I stayed in the castle until my parents got back a few hours later.

they both came into the living room and greeted me seeming tired.

"How was the meeting?" I ask.

"Fairly good, the ball is confirmed, it'll be held in Spring's castle.." Mother explained, making me widen my eyes at my parents, seeing there dissatisfaction in their eyes.

"We..agreed to it just this once.." Mother forced a smile, looking at my father.
He nodded his head and cleared his throat.

"You'll be meeting the summer Prince, Yuta is his name, his parents are excited to meet you." my mother added, making me roll my eyes on the inside.

"I'm sure.." I say, trying my best to hide the sarcasm in my tone.

"When is it?" I ask.

"In three days, the gates will be opened for the village to attend as well, this is very important Luna.." My father glared at me, telling me to stay formal and responsible about it.

" Of course Father.."

just had the worst weekend of my life, but it ended with a good vibe so I think everything is gonna be alright

just had the worst weekend of my life, but it ended with a good vibe so I think everything is gonna be alright.. 🥀