three

"you didn't stay out long? You usually stay out till night fall

"you didn't stay out long? You usually stay out till night fall." Mother noticed how bizarre it was for me to arrive so early after going into the forest.

"I-" I froze to think of what excuse to tell, I couldn't tell either mother or father that springs crossed the border, it would unleash a war between the two collectives.

"No animals today.. We're going back tomorrow morning." I say with a small smile.

she put her book down on the small table in front of her.
the living room was dark, she had closed the huge blinds of the window with only the fireplace giving an amber light glow in the room.

"Where's father?" I ask, I hadn't seen him in his office on the other side of the living room.
"at a meeting with the Summer's King." she spoke calmly, making me more anxious.

"Anything important?" I ask, sitting down on the red leather stool in front of her, I felt The warmth of the fireplace on my back tingling.

she hummed a song as she grabbed her book again.
"Nothing to worry about today Luna.." she spoke vaguely.

meetings with other collectives weren't just a small gathering to get to know one another,
they were important, especially if its a King's meeting.

"alright.." I shrug and stand up, still having my bow with me.

"Make sure you put it back at the door.. I don't want arrows flying around the place." she eyed at me as I just nod my head, walking out of the living room.
I walked out of the room, placing my bow back on the stool next to the main door.

I hurried up to my room, the one on the third floor at the end of the long hallway to the left.
I opened the door and noticed my bed had been made as usual, by the maidens of the castle.

I sat on the corner of my bed, looking outside to see the sky had turned grey with a light mist of snowflakes falling.
a smile appeared on my face as I walked to my window, looking outside, down on the village we controlled. I could see the people outside, working or just simply walking into the village.
kids were playing in the snow as usual, bringing memories of when I was young, playing with Avalon and others in the woods when storms would happen.

"Your Highness.." A voice spoke behind me as I turned around, seeing one of the maids at my doorway.

I smiled and waited to hear what she wanted.
"Avalon was here just a few moments ago, to see you.. she says it's important." She stated.

"where is she now?" I ask, walking to my drawer to put back my knife in its original place.

"She came by, seeming tired of running and scared.." I turned my face to the maid worriedly.