sixteen

"Don't be fooled by their sweet smiles and kindness they project towards their kingdom

"Don't be fooled by their sweet smiles and kindness they project towards their kingdom."

"They're bad people.. with only one intention.. They want power.."

"They only care about their Collective.."

"If they could.. they would take over all four kingdoms."

"Spring is bad"

"Spring is selfish"

"..and greedy.."

"..arrogant.."

My entire life I had been taught to hate spring, learned that they were bad people, horrible rulers.

but now I looked at everything with a different perspective. Spring weren't the ones who started the war.
winter did.

Winter is the cold hearted ones.
winter is the selfish ones.
winter is arrogant.

We are the bad guys, we have been all along and I now only truly realize it.
Jaemin wasn't cold and evil. He's sweet and open minded, caring so much for not only his people, but every collective.

he had a true personality of a king.I had nothing in common with him as the rising ruler.
It made me feel embarrassed of my collective, of my family.. myself.

having my bow in my hands, arrows on my back. my heart pounded in my chest as we approached the border once again.

only both me and Jaemin stood together alone.
We let my kingdom know of the situation, then letting them decide which side they'll choose.

"What if something happens.. and one of us dies.." I say, looking up at the wall separating winter and spring.

Jaemin looked at me, then taking a deep breath. "Nothing will happen, let's stay close to each other."

bombs launched just as he said it, making me nervous as to what we were headed towards.

I climbed over the wall first, with the help of the rope Jaemin and Renjun had placed.
we both went over the wall, standing once again in the spring side, just before the cherry blossom forest.

"we both need to keep in mind that what we are about to see might not be ideal.." He said quietly as we walked into the forest. "They're probably dead Jaemin.." I say, thinking of my parents, who must've felt so stupid going into spring territory so openly without thinking it was a trap.

"When you met me... it was all fake?"
I ask, switching the conversation.

Jaemin's head twitched at me, biting his lip. "At first yes.. I was so consumed by my parents words.. I hated you.. I really did.." He says honestly, which didn't hurt me or anything, I hated him the first time we had met as well.

"But then when we started talking.. and being genuine with each other, I saw a completely different girl from what I expected.." he stopped walking, his hands grabbing mine in front of me.

"You're not like winter.. You're just very guarded.. that makes you a great leader luna." He says looking into my eyes, I then uncomfortably slid my hands out of his, continuing walking, feeling my hands get sweaty.

"What made you tell me that the ball was a trap.. that I was about to get killed?" I kept asking questions.

"because..."

I looked at him, seeing him staring at the ground, thinking hardly as to what he was about to say.

A smile appeared on my lips as he took long to answer.
"we're almost there.." he cleared his throat and quickened his pace, taking his sword out of his side.

I tightened my grip on the bow, now stepping out of the enclosed forest, the flowery fields in front of us, the castle in the distance.
smoke was seen on the front of the structure.

"what's going on?" Jaemin asked, as the both of us heard loud screams.

"I don't know.." I reply, looking at where the smoke came from.

we then both walked straight into the beautiful coloured fields, towards the castle that held a war.

when we finally made it on the back of the huge castle, we quietly made our way around it, then seeing in front of the structure, all springs standing up together, looking in front of them.
Jaemin looked at me confused, then we blended into the back of the crowd, as I put my hood up to hide my hair.

"What's going on..?" Jaemin asked a man who stood next to him.
the man barely glanced at jaemin, nudging his head forward.

"we're about to finally kill the winter royals.."

My eyed widened and I felt my knees go weak. Jaemin looked at me the same, then pulling me to the side, seeing his parents standing on top of a stage, with my parents kneeling down behind them, a bag covering their heads.

"Jaemin" I whisper to him, gripping my hand around his wrist that held his sword. The two ropes a soldiers was bringing towards his father made my heart drop.

"Jaemin they're going to lynch them."

I studied the two revolutions, the one in america and france, and that helped me a lot with this story, I really like history😬