eighteen

The crowd was silent

the springs weren't clapping.. or laughing in joy as the winter king had been killed.

in front of their own eyes.

the monster was dead... right?

my hand covered my mouth, sobbing into my mothers arms, who was doing the same. I eyes stayed glued to the ground. I was waiting for a spring guard to kill us, shoot us on sight. but nothing happened, just our cry's could be heard.

i felt so weak, my vision blurry from all the tears leaving my eyes.

"Luna.." I hear a faint voice speak.
I took a few deep breaths,turning my head to seeing Jaemin standing up just behind my mother, as he held his left hip weakly, blood dripping from his nose and the corner of his mouth.

he looked behind me, at my father, then back to me, as he simply wrapped his arms around me and my mother.
I carefully put my arm around his shoulder, my face buried into my mothers neck with Jaemin's arms around me. I couldn't care less of what was going to happen to me, I felt so weak, like my life had lost meaning in a flinch.

"Hwang Juno! King of spring collective.. You are arrested for the murder of King Jonathan.."

All three of us looked behind us, seeing The summer royals walking our way, the king spoke loudly as his guards walked up the stage, towards Jaemin's father.

"Your faith will be decided by the rightful leader.. Princess Luna.." Yuta spoke, his sentence made my eyes widen, then turning towards The spring king. I couldn't help but smirk.

one guard held a Sword at his throat, while the other tied his hands together with a rope.
the King walked up the stage, looking at the body that hung from the rope, than to me and mother.
"I am very sorry for your loss... please forgive us for not arriving sooner.." he spoke quietly, as mother nodded her head, trying her best to keep herself together. I just stared down at the wooden floor, painted with spots of blood.

He put his hand on my shoulder, then looking at me in the eyes.
"You're going to make a great Queen to your kingdom.. I can tell.. you're a true leader Luna.."
I blinked my eyes, not believing what he told.

I couldn't protect my own family, how could I protect my own kingdom.

He then turned to the crowd, as Yuta made his way up the stairs, following behind.
He gave me a pitiful smile, then stood next to his father.

"anyone else who threatens the winter royals gets killed on sight!" Yuta spoke like a true ruler, the rising royals really were growing up to taking their parent's places.

His smile was killer but he was intimidating, it didn't match with his looks.

Talking started in the crowd, as some of them put their heads down low.
Yuta turned around, walking slowly towards us as the summer king spoke to the crowd.
"You should head home now.. we'll take care of it.." He offered, as mother looked at me, her eyes red.

the crowd started to scatter around, heading back towards the village.
I stood in place, watching as the soldiers got my fathers body down from the pole.

the Show was over.

short update, I might edit it later🤷🏼‍♀️