twelve

Warning: lots of time switches, try not to get confused😬

"Luna behind you!"

Arrows shot at me as both me and Jaemin ran into the castle.
I felt lost in a maze, as Jaemin led me around the giant place.
"Where are we going?!" I yell at him in fear as I held my dress up, feeling my arms go numb.
I couldn't run for much longer.
the yells of soldiers screamin  " get them!" and "keep them alive!" scared me to death.

we were able to turn a corner and be far enough from the guards searching for us.
I gasped for air as i held my chest with my hand.
"Jaemin I can't... I can't run for much longer.. My.. my dress" he grabbed my hands and nodded his head.

"Come on, lets hurry and find you an outfit.."

~
30 minutes earlier...

"you and your family are in danger Luna.."

I eyed at him confused, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. "What are you talking about."

"Do you trust me?"

I eye at him suspiciously, a small smile appearing on my lips as I called his bluff.
"are you joking right now?"

He gripped his hands on my waist, as I could see him getting impatient.
"Luna.. we don't have time.."

the two huge main doors opened in a rush, having everyone gasp at the sudden noise.
hundreds of soldiers marched inside with arrows and swords.

I let go of Jaemin's shoulders, confused as to what was happening.
until Jaemin took my hand and dragged me out of the room swiftly.

"What the hell is going on Jaemin!" I yell at him, after we stepped outside of the ball room, hearing peoples screams in a muffle.

"My parents.. they planned to capture the winter royals.." he stuttered through the phrase, with guilt in his eyes.

"They're going to kill you.. your family and everyone who came from winter.." he admitted, making my heart stop.

"I need to find my parents jaemin.." I turn back towards the door that we came out of, but then being pulled back by Jaemin.

"No! Its too late Luna.. You'll get killed on sight.."

I took deep breaths, hearing screams from the other side that made my eyes water.

"You knew.." I look at him, seeing the face of a stranger, not my friend.

"I'm sorry.. I know it was selfish and horrible from me.. and If you never want to see me again I understand.. but please let me keep you alive.."

I looked at him frozen, hearing the doorknob next to us move.
the door opened just as We both took large steps back, Jaemin putting himself in front of me.

the door opened, revealing Jaemin's father, holding a dagger in his hands, spilt with blood.

"Son.. move." He said bold.

I moved my head to see his piercing eyes staring at me.

Jaemin stood up straight, his hand reaching out behind him for me to grab.
I grabbed his hand , holding it tightly as I thought my life was about to end.

"No"

Jaemin's response made his father look at his son up and down, watching with confusion. I stared at the back of his head the same.
"Na Jaemin.. what do you think you're doing?"

"Protecting the people I care for.."

"The people you care for?" his father scoffed, a mocking smile on his face.
"That girl.." He pointed the dagger at me.
"That girl is the reason your sister is dead! my.. daughter!" his voice roared, as Jaemin shook his head.

"no.. she had nothing to do with Clara's death.." Jaemin squeezed my hand.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything, the thought of my parents and Avalon being inside of that war zone made my head spin

"What is this Jaemin.. don't tell me my own son has betrayed his people.."
his father said with such hatred.

Jaemin refused to let my hand go, taking a few steps back towards me.
"I'm doing what I believe in father.. and thats protecting the innocent.." he then took out his sword from his side, slicing a rope that held a huge chandelier on the roof.

Jaemin sliced through the rope, pushing us further back as the big diamond chandelier fell between us and his father, giving us access to run. as it shattered on the ground.

"Run!" he screamed at me as we ran for our lives into the halls of the castle.

~
30 minutes later...

"Jaemin I can't... I can't run for much longer.. My.. my dress" he grabbed my hands and nodded his head.

"Come on, lets hurry and find you an outfit.."

5 minutes later...

I quickly rushed myself into new clothes, ditching my pretty dress into black pants and a dark brown shirt jaemin had found in some old drawers from one of the guest rooms.

I looked at myself quickly in the mirror, now hoping I could have my long hair back so I could put my hair up.

I stepped out of the bathroom, Jaemin watching outside from the windows.

"Your soldiers are here too Luna.." he looked up at me.

"Another war has leashed.." He looked down at the window, I could tell how much it bothered him.
"What do we do?" I ask, peeking outside as I could see the people fighting each other, blood everywhere.

I could distinguish the winter and spring, but I couldn't seem to find my parents or Avalon.
which meant they either escaped, or it was too late.

"Renjun most likely got to Avalon as fast as he could.. don't worry.." He said.

"We need to get out of this castle.. they'll kill you,and me for helping you." he sighed, walking towards the door.

I had a huge urge to throw something at him, to yell at him, about how he knew what they were planning, and how much I hated him and never wanted to see him again.

but I knew Two could play the game of backstabbing.
and I needed him to lead me out of this castle.
He seemed to have forgotten that i am winter.

Cold, and selfish.

The only people I care about are my people, the winter collective.

I hate springs.