six

I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, my long black hair cut short, just above my shoulders

and my hair being a piercing silver shining in the sun.
I liked it, I felt more as royalty then ever.

"wouldn't you like to see your new hair with the crown?" Trina asked with a smile.

I didn't like the crown on my head very much, which is why I always have it on my desk in a glass box to keep it safe and shiny. mother and father would kill me if I broke it.

Thankfully they weren't too strict with me not wearing it. I only need to have it when theres a royal gathering. they understood I hated it.

I nodded my head, honestly I was wondering how it would look with my new hair.
she took the crown out of the box, holding it carefully in her hands and she brought it over my head, slowly lowering it until it fit perfectly on my small head.

my mouth opened in shock with a smile, I now really looked like winter royalty with my short,silver hair.

the crown almost blended with the colour perfectly.
"You look beautiful your Highness." Trina speaks more formally than usual.

My eyes squinted confused by the sudden formality's but then seeing my mother standing at my doorway from the mirror in front of me.

" I assume you like it?" she asks with a proud smile on her face, walking next to me and Trina.

"Yes, I Love it.." I smile at myself in the mirror and gaze at my shiny crown.

Trina bowed to my mother before stepping out of the room, closing the door behind her.
I took off the heavy crown from my head in my hands, gently placing it in front of me on the desk.

"I know you must be on edge after what your father told you this morning.." She started, making me swallow hard.

"I was aware it was coming soon enough." I fake my real opinion into making her believe I was fine with it.

she sighed and looked out in the window.
"How would you feel to go in the summer Collective?" she asked calmly.

I turned around to face her, shrugging my shoulders lightly.
"there's not much I could do if I wanted to stay here.." I say.

"Do you miss it?.." I ask her, catching her attention with a small smile.

"absolutely.. I miss the warm sun, the colourful Flowers everywhere in the large fields.." She said with her eyes closed, remembering her home.