ten

"I've heard many things about you

"I've heard many things about you.. You must be her parents.." He bowed respectfully towards my parents, my mother having a warm smile on her face as my father stayed neutral, examining him up and down, making me feel uneven.

"Its nice meeting you Jaemin.. spring is a very wonderful collective.." Mother spoke softly, gasps could be heard by the people near us, watching both royals of winter and spring having an actual conversation.

"Thank you.. I've heard wonderful words of winter as well." his smile seemed to work on mother.

he looked at me while saying it which made me smile.
"We should head inside.. the royals are waiting for your arrival.." he nudged his arm out for me to grab.

I accepted his offer and walked inside with my arm laced around his.
I knew father and mother was most likely boiling up, shocked by what was happening.

"You look great.." he whispered, keeping his head straight while walking.

"I can barely breathe and my feet are killing me.. but thanks.. you look good too." I answered.

"I know.. thats why I offered my arm so you wouldn't fall." he added, making me smile.

"Did you meet your future wife?" I tease, looking around the beautiful castle.

" I did not, I saw her.." he sighed.
"I did meet Prince Yuta.. he seems sweet." he added, as I looked at the multiple artworks hanged on the walls.

A picture took my notice, the Royal family of spring on a extremely large canvas, Jaemin, his mother and father, but there was another one.
a younger girl standing next to Jaemin, a wide smile on her face with a pretty crown above her head.

Jaemin had never spoken of him having a sister.
"You have a sister?" i ask looking at him curious.

we stopped in front of the painting, getting a sad glare from him.
"Had.." he said quietly, making me look back at the portrait with pity.

"She passed away during the war.."

that phrase made my heart sink.
his little sister had passed away, during the war between our collectives. It was most likely our fault of her death.

we killed the spring princess.

my heart started beating fast as I glanced at my father with such hatred.
he seemed just as shocked as my mother did, Avalon's mouth was now opened, her hand in front as she seemed like on the urge of crying.

I let his arm go slowly, feeling such guilt in me.

"Luna..?"

"I never knew you had a sister.." I shrugged his hand off mine as he reached for it.

"She was kept quiet for a long time, no one knew about her until she passed away." He explained.

"what happened to her.." I ask, motioning my parents and Avalon to go inside of the ball room where everyone was gathered.