five

walking into my home, exhausted by the long walk and the thoughts filling my head, I was greeted by my father calling my name from his office

"Luna.. may I have a word.?"

I couldn't define his tone, which made me slightly nervous. maybe Jaemin and Renjun got caught getting into the spring side.
Or they found out that they were outsiders coming in freely.

"Luna..?"

I snapped put of my thoughts and looked at my father who now stood up from his desk.
I cleared my throat and quietly got inside his office, sitting down on the leather chair in front of the old wooden desk filled with hundreds of papers, mostly letters.

"anything wrong father..?" I ask softly, rubbing my hands on my knees.

his hands layed on top of his desk, thinking quietly before "spiting" it out.

"The collectives have spoken with each other.." he looked at me seriously as I knew what he was going to say.

"They're deciding wether or not you'll get married with the summer prince soon.."

my eyes widened as I felt my entire body go numb.
"what.."

As he said they were deciding, it meant I most likely still had a few years to think about it.

"I know it isn't in your interests.. but its not something I can control.."

"Does it mean I'll be sent to summer collective?" I ask, worried about leaving my entire life behind to go to summer.
I had never been to Summer, but apparently its just warmth all the time.

"That will also be decided later on.. I promise I'll fight my way to have you stay in winter."

"father.." I beg with my tone, I didn't want to live in the warm sunny collective, I wanted to stay with the snow and cold breeze.

"like I said, they're just now deciding, it'll take time until the final decisions are made.." He attempted to reassure me but nothing was affective, Anxiety ran through me like a shock wave.

I nod my head quietly and slowly stand up, my legs feeling weak.
"may I leave now.. father.."

"yes, you may,Luna.."

I walked out of the office and dragged myself upstairs towards my room, ignoring any of the maids or guards who greeted me.

"We were always together you and I.. its a shame the war begun so early on.."

I sat on the edge of my bed with my head pounding.

It was a shame, we were always together, playing tag and climbing trees in the forest.
I remember the last time we had seen each other, it was just me and him, we had promised to always stay friends, even if the collectives would split for good.

I guess I had forgotten about him after all those years of my father raising me to hate the springs. I had basically forgotten that he was the spring prince.
its crazy what hardwork and stress can do to someone's precious memories.

his sweet smile sparked in my mind, making me smile on the inside.
I tried my best to forget about what father had announced, standing up from my bedroom and making my way downstairs, looking for mother.

"Have you seen Mother?" I ask Trina, as she looked up from the plates she was washing in the kitchen.

"outside, in the garden." She smiles at me and I return it to her.

we had a backdoor garden, seeming impossible to have since we are in winter, its a huge dome shaped room surrounded by glass.

I made my way into the garden, the scent of Flower filled the entire place.
I heard the small waterfalls from statues making myself calm down.
we only had white flowers, all types.

I didn't come here frequently which made me disappointed in myself.
I saw my mother kneeled down in front of the white roses, humming a song as usual as she watered them.

"mother.." I spoke softly without scaring her.

"Luna.. I'm guessing your father spoke to you.." She immediately said with a sympathetic look.

I nod my head, feeling my entire body weigh down.
"yes.. but its not why i'm here.." I smile, covering my real opinions to myself.

"what is it?" she asks, standing up from the ground.
"when will I get to dye my hair silver?" I ask, catching her attention.

"whenever you want to Luna.. that's completely your decision." She shrugs, taking off her black gardening gloves.

"Did you want to dye them now? I know the kingdom is waiting.."

having my hair dyed was a sort of ritual in the kingdom, the Village would respect me more, see me with more power.

"yes.. I do." I nod.

she had a proud expression on her face.
"lets go to the village and get it done, we'll warn the village first, they'll be delighted the princess took her full form as the winter royalty."