eight

" I cant do it

" I cant do it.."
I stare at the ground, Jaemin setting up an archery post for me as he looked at me suspiciously.
we met up the next day just the two of us, Jaemin brought the stuff to build an archery target for me to practice.

"Hit the target? aren't you a professional at this stuff?" he asks seeming concerned.

I shook my head and sighed.
"No.. the damn marriage i'm obligated to do.. I know Yuta is known to be a great guy.. but I don't want to marry a stranger."

His bright gaze became serious, letting the post go and crossing his arms in front of him.

"Listen Princess, I know everything seems unfair, I feel it too.." He smiled weakly, understanding how I felt about it.

"Just.. point your bow to that.. and shoot it like its the kingdoms." He motioned with his hand to the target placed in front of me.

I glared at him for calling me princess, then nudging my head for him to get out of the way.
I placed the arrow at its spot, stretching my arms out and pointing it straight at the red painted target.

I took a deep breath and let both my fingers go, hearing the quick sound of the arrow flying across and hitting the target almost in the middle, making Jaemin clap his hands.

"Great shot your highness." he teased and walked to the target, his hand out to reach the arrow I had planted through it.

My annoyance tolerance went up as I shot up another arrow just next to his hand, making him jump in place and look at me horrified.

"What the hell Luna!" he yelled, holding his hand like I had cut it off.

"Don't call me Princess, or your highness.." I warn him and shrug my shoulders.

"You're insane you know that?" He asks, making me smile.

"I am winter Jaemin."

He scratched his head and nodded.
"Yeah yeah.. It's still hard getting used to it.."

" You know.. You're not as Sweet as people claim springs are.." I say as he took out both of the arrows from the target, looking at me to make sure I wasn't gonna shoot another arrow.

"we're spring.. not Summer.." he answered blandly, passing me my arrows in my hands.

"we aren't born sweet an sympathetic as them.." he added, making me eye at him confused.

"then what are you?" I ask, sounding like a dumb question in my head.

"spring is a transition shade from winter to Summer, we're a combination of both, thats what people seem to forget."

his argument made me look at fall and spring differently, I had never heard or thought about them being transition seasons.

"Did the winter princess learn something new? surely she already knows everything." He sarcastically states with a cocky look.

"You act, like a winter.." I mumble, loud enough for him to glare at me without responding.

"what will you be wearing at the ball?" he switches the subject swiftly, as I shot another arrow, missing the target.

"Not sure, my mother will most likely take care of that today.." I sigh, I liked dresses, but I didn't enjoy wearing them as often as I needed to.

" Thats my favorite part of gatherings.. the extremely comfortable and fancy clothes." he sarcastically says, leaving me with a grin.

"Spring's initial colour is Pink,right?" I ask, yet again throwing the arrows at the target.
"Yeah, winter is white and Black?" He asks and I nod my head.

"Its strange to think a few days ago you held a knife on my throat and threatened to kill me.." he handed me my two arrows.

I shrugged my shoulders and immediately shot the arrow, hitting it in the middle.

"Call it a change of heart.." I answer and see him smile weakly.

"yesterday you said you wanting a change of friends.. what did you mean by that?" he asks, making me lower my bow to my legs.

"Avalon is the only friend I have, Being the Princess.." I cringed saying the word.
"its hard for me to have genuine friends without people using me.." I say.

"same here with Renjun, he's like family to me.." He said.

"Strange how opposing collectives, at war, have so much in common." I say, feeling like I betrayed my entire kingdom.

I would definitely be in huge trouble for even looking at Jaemin.
"I am quite excited to go to Spring, you made it sound quite spectacular.." I say, offering him my bow for him to try.

He looked at me suspiciously and at the bow, then taking it from my hands, placing himself just next to me, staring at the target.

"It is.." he said concentrating with his eye closed, then letting his fingers off the string which made the arrow hit the target, just not quite in the middle.

"hopefully we'll get the chance to take a walk in the woods while the ball is on.. I would most definitely enjoy showing you around." He Suggested, while I grabbed the arrows he shot at the target.

"mhm" I mumble.

"possibly With our future partners" He jokes which genuinely made me laugh.

"you're so positive.." I point out with him shrugging his shoulders.

"i've always been like that I guess." he smiles.

"I should go soon, meet me here again tomorrow?" he asks, standing in front of me and giving me my bow back.

"sure" I nod my head and take my bow back in my hand.

"It was nice seeing you again.." he smiled shyly, making me smile as well.

"Same here, i'll see you tomorrow"
I replied and waved him goodbye, watching him getting back over to his border safely.

the ball was in two days which meant they're were lots of preparations to do.
The rest of my day looked busy and exhausting, meeting Avalon would be inpossible, hopefully she'll come to the border with me tomorrow.

just a small filler chapter, things will get more interesting soon..