seventeen

soldiers put up two poles, attaching the ropes on it by the top, the noose at the end made my stomach turn

I was about to witness my parents death.

Jaemin kept his eyes straight at the stage, as I looked around, seeing angry spring citizens, yelling at my parents with disgusting terms, evil smiles on their faces as they stood to watch the show.

"Jaemin.." I repeat, as he looked at me, then looking around us as well.

"You have a perfect shot princess, when they attach those two roped, shoot an arrow through them..." he whispers, as I nod my head, taking out an arrow from my back discreetly and placing it at its place on the

"that is how you become a great archer Luna.."

...."precision and delicacy.."...

..."precision and delicacy.."...

.."precision and delicacy.."...

my hands shook lightly as I took deep breaths, trying to push out the loud yells around me, waiting for the two ropes to be attached, then I could shoot through them.

Jaemin eyed behind us, then nudging my arm.I turned around, looking at what he saw.
Renjun stood straight, looking anxious as to what was happening.
But Avalon wasn't with him.

"Avalon.." I say, my head going insane at the thought that she was dead.
"Stay here.." he says and leaves me alone, surrounded by springs, hungry for the blood of winter.
Jaemin reached Renjun quite fast, whispered something in his ear as he nodded his head, then looking around until he noticed me, mumbling 'she's safe' that made me smile and release an anxious breath.
I replied with Thank you, then turning back around and seeing Jaemin's father standing in the middle of the two podiums, my parents now standing up, their hands tied behind their backs with soldiers holding them in place.

my eyes pierced at him with such hatred, I could barely remember that he was Jaemin's father, even though you can clearly see he took his fathers side without a doubt.

"This isn't what we had planned... but certain delay have come in our way.." He smiled so viciously.

a part of me held the bow so tightly, like a voice saying shoot it, shoot it into his heart. Spring is evil, spring is selfish and arrogant.

I wanted him dead.. I needed him dead for me to avenge my parents. but the simple thought of Jaemin losing his father made me hold back, and another voice told me to wait, and that everything would be alright.