Chapter 1

[!] the upcoming chapters haven't been polished/well-edited

[!] the upcoming chapters haven't been polished/well-edited. please let me know if you spot mistakes too!
thank you.

_____________

Chapter 1
Happiness
______________

CHANGGU

Winter is the longest and coldest season of the year. I thought as I sat in front of the window in my room and watched the first snow of the year. I closed my eyes and strummed my guitar creating a new melody I didn't bother to write down the chords.

I remember first snow of the year. Christmas eve. The blush on her cheeks. The look in her eyes. The crazy beat of my heart. Our first kiss. How it felt so warm. Like the best thing in the world.

First snow of the year reminded me of my very first love. It's been five months since Seungyeon ended everything with me over a phone call. Two times, a few more times I brought myself to see her when I was drunk and had more courage but seeing how she was smiling, how everything seemed fine with her life kept me on the sidelines.

I sighed and set my guitar aside. I'm thinking of you again today. Honestly, I'm so tired, Seungyeon. How do you do it? How do you just go on with your life like nothing ever happened?

I almost jumped when my phone began ringing loudly. I answered it and Hongseok's voice was on the other line. I was surprised to get a call from him because ever since new year's eve when he got engaged, he's been out of reach and over the moon with his fiancée, Hyunjoo.

It hit me everytime how much we've grown. We're real adults now in our early twenties butㅡsome of us, maybe, are still trying to find our place in this 'real world'. I would never have thought Hongseok would be the first guy to think of marriage among our circle of friends. I've known him for so long. Hongseok had girlfriends but he was never as serious and as crazy as he is now with Hyunjoo.

"Changgu-ya, are you... coming tomorrow?" He asked reluctantly.

My brows furrowed. "Where?"

He let out a sigh. "It's Seungyeon's debut tomorrow. There's this thing called 'showcase'. Our... friends are going to see her."

A short silence filled the air. I watched as the snow fell again. "I'm busy. I have a job interview coming up."

"Are you sure?"

"And what would I do there? I'm just gonna make her uncomfortable.”

“Butㅡ”