Epilogue

______________

______________

Epilogue
Winter Flame
______________

[[ JIYOO ]]

It's almost spring. The cold has subsided a lot and the world is beginning to get its colors back. I hurried to my mom's pizza house when Changgu texted me earlier that he would be there.

"Welcomeㅡ" He greeted as soon as I walked into the door. He stopped once he saw me. "Oh, it's my girl!" He said, excitedly smiling.

I looked at him and sighed. "Why do you keep working here?" I asked, looking at his apron with the logo of the pizza house.

He walked towards me. "I like it. Sometimes, I need a break from studying law."

"Changgu-ssi, have you served the Hawaiian pizza to table number three?" Mom asked, coming out of the kitchen.

Changgu quickly kissed my cheek. "Duty calls. Talk to you later, babe."

I looked at my mom and hugged her. "Mom, why do you keep making Changgu work?" I asked.

"I don't. He volunteers." She said nonchalantly.

I chuckled. "But you give him work."

"Then, what would he do here?"

I pulled away from her as she went to the cashier. I leaned down the counter and looked at her, chin in my palm. "So, do you like Changgu for me?"

"Aigoo, I don't have to like him. As long as you love him, that's the only thing that matters."

I smiled. "So, you do like him."

She gave me a look. "He's a good kid. I'll admit that." She said, watching as Changgu served the customers.

I looked at Changgu and whoever sees me might even see hearts in my eyes like emojis. "That's my man."

Mom pinched my arm. "Aigooㅡyou! Don't forget. You have to finish college before you tie the knot!"

I laughed at her. "Tie the knot?"

"You know what I mean! Don't be like me. Also, don't get addicted to alcohol. I told you to quit it."

"But it was my part time job! I don't drink often anyway."

"Tell Changgu that too. I don't want either of you to be like your father." She said, looking away.

"Look at him. Mom, he will never be like him. I will never be like him." I told her softly as we watched Changgu carry a little boy in his arms.