Chapter 2

🎶 Chapter music 🎶

🎶 Chapter music 🎶

A Tearful Farewell
by Onestar

♪Love,
how useless
But I torture
myself all day
long because
of it♪

__________________

Chapter 2
It's Been A While
__________________

[[ JIYOO ]]

My shift ends at 2 A.M. I've just finished cleaning up the bar and I was removing my apron when Seunghyub, my best friend, walked in. He yawned as soon as he saw me. "Ready? I'm so sleepy! Yah, please, just get a boyfriend already so he can take you home every nightㅡor morning." He complained frowning.

I grinned. "I told you I can use my bike. You're the one who keeps on insisting to pick me up!"

"Yeah, right. You pedalling a bike at 2 A.M when drunktards are probably roaming aroundㅡ" He trailed off once he saw the guy sleeping with his head on the bar. "Hey, isn't it your job to wake up your customers when they get knocked out?" Seunghyub asked.

I folded my apron and put it in the small compartment of the bar. "Hm, I tried. He won't wake up. Come on, let's get him a cab."

"He's not your responsibility. I'm too sleepy to bother."

"Seunghyub..."

"Fine. Do you even know where he lives?"

"How would I know that? He's a stranger." I said, walking towards the other side of the bar. I sat next to the guy.

"How many drinks did he even have?" Seunghyub asked.

I stared at the guy's innocent face and smiled. "Just one." I answered, poking the guy's shoulder. "Sir... wake up. We're closing." I said.

Seunghyub snorted. "That is not how you wake up someone. Come on, yell in his ear the way you used to wake me up when we were in high school."

I rolled my eyes and caught sight of the wallet in the guy's jacket. "I'm not stealing, okay?" I whispered and opened his wallet. Even his ID picture looked innocent. I don't know why the way he looks kept on making me smile. I've never seen a guy looked so... pure.