Chapter 12

Chapter 12Will You?

Chapter 12
Will You?

____________

[[ JIYOO ]]

The next day when I was leaving for college, I almost had a heart attack by seeing Seunghyub outside my doorstep. "Yah! What the heck!" I exclaimed, clutching my chest.

He wore a straight face. "Are you avoiding me?" He asked.

I swallowed, "What?"

"You are."

I forced myself to grin, "Aye, what are you talking about? I was just busy. You know, I get so busy when I'm studying and I'm working at the library."

He slid his hands inside his jean pockets. "So, why are you avoiding me?"

"I wasn't you avoiding you!" I said defensively. "Also, I'm late. I have to go. Bye!" I walked past him, waving my hand.

"See? You are avoiding me." He said again. He caught up beside me and ranted as we walked, "Are you being like this because you've met other people? Mijin told me she saw you with someone in the coffee shop. It's been almost two weeks and it's November and I never received a call or text from you. What's a short text to ask your best friend how he's doing? Aren't you being too much? Are you taking me for granted now? I literally live a few steps down from your house!"

I stopped walking and turned to him with a frown and he's pouting like a child. "Yah! Then, what about you? I live a few steps above your house. Why didn't you visit once?"

"I did, you dumbass! But everytime I went there, you weren't home. You must be really busy."

"Yeah, I've been reeeeeally busy."

He calmed down with a sigh, giving me a long look. "Do we have a problem?" He asked.

I calmed down too. "No, nothing at all." I said, walking again. I sighed, "Okay, I'm just worried Mijin might misunderstand our friendship. Your past girlfriends did. I just don't want to be the reason you lose someone again. Especially, since you seem to like Mijin a lot more than others."

His lips finally broke into a smile, "Yeah, I like her a lotㅡbut are you insane? You're my best friend. We're like siblings. She knows that."

I stopped and looked at him in the eyes. "The other girls knew too, but that didn't make them stay."

"Maybe because they simply aren't right for me. Do you think I deserve someone who wants me to distance myself from people that I care about?"